Chapter 1

A woman opens the door; she must be in her mid-50s. She looks like she's the house keeper. We enter the house and the ceilings are huge! My whole apartment can fit in the entrance. There are two large staircases leading up, and there is a big crystal chandelier in the middle. There are also many various doors on my left and right but it's pretty dark inside so I can't see anything very clearly. In front of me, behind the staircases is a gigantic hall, beyond which I cant see anything.

The lady takes me from the captor and leads me towards the right staircase, the mansion is like a maze inside, and we take many left and right turns until we reach a door. She opens the door, which leads to a beautiful bedroom. There is a four poster bed on one side and the window on the other which has the view of the lake and mountains outside.

I still have duct tape on my mouth so I can't speak. The lady takes it off gently but it still hurts and I feel like the area has been burnt.

"Who are you?" I ask her.

"My name is Lydia and I'm the housekeeper here, if you need anything you'll have to come to me for it"

Exasperated, I say "But why am I here? Whose house this is and where am i?"

She looks at me sadly and nods her head "Don't ask me questions I can't answer child, I'll send some food up to your room, you should wash up"

I start protesting but she cuts me "Look at what those brutes have done to you, I'll have a word with Gabriel about this", she looks horrified because of the bruises on me.

"It's okay", I say," just please let me go, this is a mistake". I start crying again.

Lydia just looks very sad and leaves the room, locking the door behind her. As soon as she leaves I get up and hurry over to the window trying to find a way to escape, but the window is too high, I can see the vast grounds of the mansion as I look down but a jump would surely be fatal. I look around and see another door, I open it but it's just the bathroom.

I'm too tired and hungry to stand so I just sit down and cry. After a while there is a knock on the door and I hear the lock turning and another woman comes in, this one is younger than Lydia, she has a trolley with her, laden with food. I hear my stomach grumble and I realize that it has almost been a day since I've had anything to eat or drink. The woman just leaves the trolley in my room and locks the door on her way out.

I crawl to the trolley and see there is bread, strips of some sort of meet, rice, gravy, some salad, two pieces of cake, juice and water. My mouth starts watering and I load my plate with food and start eating. I eat too much which makes me feel sick.

I decide to go to sleep for a while as I'm too tired. I don't know how many hours pass as there is no clock in my room but its dark outside when I wake up. I get up and see that the trolley has been taken out of my room but there is a tray with some water, a bowl of soup and a note. I hurry out of the bed and pick up the note.

"Drink some soup; it'll help you feel better. There are fresh clothes in your wardrobe. And if you need anything knock on the door there is a guard outside he'll call Lydia for you."

I wonder who the note is from, maybe it's from that mysterious Gabriel Lydia mentioned, or maybe it's from the owner of the mansion. I drink the soup; it is still warms and feels heavenly. I instantly feel better and decide to take a bath. I open the wardrobe and see that it's full of clothes, and they all are beautiful. But I don't really care; all I want is to return home.

Home, it reminds me, Jill and Mark!! They must be worried about me, I didn't show up at their house and my cell phone was also taken away from me. It gave me some hope, I don't know anyone else except them and a few other friends, maybe if they report me missing, someone will find me and come rescue me. The thought makes me feel better and I take a bath and change into a beige dress with pink flowers on it.