Chapter 2

(Picture of the West Garden)

Emile's POV

Many days pass in a haze, a girl would bring food for me, I would eat it and she'd take it away. I tried to talk to her many times but she avoided my gaze and didn't answer any questions. Lydia came to my room twice. The first time I found out that the owner of this mansion is Gabriel. I demanded to meet Gabriel which made Lydia leave. She visited again 3 days later.

"Lydia please let me meet Gabriel. At least let me know, let me understand why I'm being kept here, I deserve that much!" and I started crying again.

"Don't cry Emile, I'll see what I can do", she replied sadly and left again.

Lydia's POV

I feel so bad for Emile; I need to talk to Gabriel, to make him see sense. He's keeping an innocent girl locked up for such a stupid reason!

I believe Gabriel is in the west garden at this time, I find my way to the garden and find him sitting under a tree reading some book.

When he sees me coming he smiles at me, "How is our guest doing today?"

"She is not our guest, she is your guest. And I've been meaning to talk to you about her"

He closes him book and looks at me seriously, his smile disappearing. "Is she okay? What happened?"

"The poor girl has been crying herself to sleep the past whole week! You need to go see her she has been asking to meet you!"

"Why does she want to meet me, it won't change anything" Gabriel says avoiding my eyes.

"At least tell her why she is here, you know very well that your reason for bringing her here isn't fair, she deserves to know!"

His eyes flash dangerously," May I remind you that you work for me, not the other way around. I'll talk to her when I find it necessary, don't bother me with this again"

"Well do not expect me to work for you then! I will not work for some, for some criminal" I fire back angrily.

Gabriel suddenly stands up and I take a step back, he glares at me evidently wanting to say something. Something makes him change his mind and he storms off towards the house.

Emile's POV

I sit up when I hear a knock at my door. Lydia opens the door and enters," Emile, I've talked to Gabriel. I think he'll come see you soon"

"Really?" I stand up, suddenly feeling more alive than I have since I've gotten here, "When will he come? Did he say he'll tell me why I'm here?"

"He hasn't told me anything", Lydia says slowly," I've come to tell you that you must be careful around Gabriel. Do not make him angry and if he doesn't tell you, let it go, let him soften up to you first"

"Okay, okay! As long as he comes to meet me"

There is another knock on my door, Lydia and I both look up, but it's just the guard.

"Miss Lydia, you're needed in the kitchens" he says gruffly and leaves, shutting the door once more behind him.

"Good luck Emile, I hope it goes well, I'll see you tomorrow"

I thank Lydia as she leaves and I start rehearsing the conversation ill have with this Gabriel. I won't listen to Lydia; I'll give Gabriel a piece of my mind, that bastard!