Chapter 7: First Kiss

//Your POV//

The lunch bell FINALLY rings and I dash out the door.

"Hey, Red!" someone yells from behind, as I'm walking down the corridor to the cafeteria.

I recognize that voice.

"Hey, Gene!" I yell back, turning to see him behind me.

I walk over to where he's stood, leaning his shoulder against a locker, with his arms crossed in front of him.

"How's classes so far? Y'know, you're always welcome to skip with The Shadow Knights" Gene smiles.

"I'm good thanks" I smile back "Oh, that reminds me! Did you spread my nickname? Because I got all hailed as The Bloody Red Queen when I got in this morning by, like, half the school"

"HAHA! Really?" Gene laughs "Yeah, I may have brought up your new name to a few friends"

"You have freinds outside your little club?" I smirk.

"Oooo... My heart, Red" Gene smiles, fake wincing and holding a hand to his heart.

"You have a heart?" I smirk still.

"Now you're just being mean" Gene frowns "I wouldn't if I were you, or else I might decide to get revenge"

"Revenge, huh? How exactly would you do that?" I continue to smirk.

Before I know it, I'm slammed back into the lockers, with Gene's hands either side of my head.

"You shouldn't have asked" Gene smirks.

Now, normally, I'd be a stuttering flustered mess. But with Gene, I don't really mind...

"This is your revenge? PLEASE! I'm bored..." I fake yawn.

"You saying I'm boring?" Gene frowns.

"Yeah, got a problem?" I smirk.

Gene looks at me, frowning still, then suddenly smirks and starts to lean in untill our faces are almost touching.

"Still bored?" Gene whispers.

Me outside: I'm cool, I'm composed, totally okay with this.

Me inside: OH MY IRENE! I'M ABOUT TO HAVE A FREAKIN' HEART ATTACK!

"Yeah, I am..." I smirk again.

"You're gonna regret arguing with me if you're not careful" Gene smirks, not moving.

"Am I?" I smirk still.

"Yeah, you are" Gene continues to stare at me, smirking.

"Prove it" I smirk.

"Alright, you asked for it" Gene shrugs, then leans in closer.

Is he gonna..?

Before I can react, his lips are on mine. It takes me a second to gather myself, but then I kiss back and I feel Gene smirking into the kiss as soon as I do. I snake my arms around his neck and his arms wrap around my waist.

My first kiss! Eeeee!

"What in Irene's name!" someone yells, then Gene is pushed aside and falls onto the floor.

I turn to my left to see who had pushed him and... Oooo... I'm gonna kill someone today...

"What the hell, Laurance!" I yell angrily at him.

"Don't 'what the hell' me! You were freakin' kissing GENE!" Laurance yells angrily back.

I glare at him, then turn back to Gene, my face softening.

"Here" I say kindly, helping Gene to his feet, but not letting go of his arm once he's up.

"What do you think you're doing?" Laurance growls.

"Helping Gene, since YOU decided to push him off me" I glare at Laurance.

"I thought I told you to stay away from Gene! He's no good!" Laurance yells, glaring back.

I cling on tighter to Gene's arm, getting a bit scared now at how angry Laurance sounds.

"What's your problem, Laurance? She can hang out with and kiss whoever she wants!" Gene glares at Laurance.

"I'm not saying she can't!" Laurance growls.

"Yes you are!" I yell back, I turn my head back to Gene, still frowning "Gene, can we just go?"

"Before we do, I have to ask you something" Gene frowns.

Gene turns me to face him and holds both my hands. I can hear Laurance growling from HERE.

"I know I haven't known you that long, but I like you...A LOT. So will you be my girlfriend, Red?" Gene smirks.

"DUH! YES!" I smile excitedly and jump at him for a hug. He hugs me back, then we pull away and turn back to a VERY red Laurance, both of us still smiling.

"See ya, Laurance" Gene smiles, then he takes my hand and our fingers intertwine. We both walk away and I can FEEL Laurance glaring daggers at my back.

We get to the cafeteria and find my friends.

"Hey guys" I smile.

They all turn to me with smiles, but their smiles drop when they see Gene.

"What's HE doing here?" Katelyn growls.

"Gene's my boyfriend now" I smile and hold up our interlocked hands as proof.

"WHAT!?" they all say in shocked unsion.

"Yep, Red's offically MINE" Gene smirks, letting go of my hand to wrap his arm around my waist, making me giggle.

"Now you're being cheesy" I smile up at him.

"So? I have to keep the other guys away somehow" Gene smirks down at me.

I start to laugh, then turn back to my friends who all look a bit...phased... I'm gonna have to have the 'he's a delinquent, but he's actually a decent guy' talk with them, aren't I?

"I'll see you later, okay Gene? You should get back to Sash and Zen" I smile at him.

"Later, babe" Gene smiles, then gives me a quick peck on the cheek, before walking away, leaving me in a giggling mess.

"(Y/N), we need to talk" Aphmau frowns.

I sigh and frown, mentally preparing myself for this.

"Guys, I know he's kinda a bad boy. But he's actually a really nice guy when you give him a chance" I frown at them all.

"Whatever you say..." Garroth frowns, then they all seem to let it go.

I sit down and we all continue what me and the girls started my first day. We each ask a question and we all give an answer. By the end of lunch, I feel like I know everyone a thousand times better.

It's nice, finally having friends that I know aren't just gonna fade away into my past in a couple weeks or so. Thankfully, Laurance doesn't show up.

Laurance is a jerk! I really hate him...