Chapter 18

Marinette continued to look down at the bed of hay that she was sitting on inside of the carriage before the doors to it were opened. Once that had been done, she looked up upon seeing a Reverser walk up to her before he calmly let out, "It's time to go."

After being told this, Marinette slowly got out of the carriage and onto her feet. She then slowly began to walk up the plank that connected the boat to the dock, and once she had gotten onto the boat she saw the plank being pulled away along with the sails being pulled down. She then found herself looking back at the hill where her friends were at from behind her shoulder one last time as she thought to herself, "They won, I lost my friends and Adrien. I've failed him the most. Here I am trapped, without able to say a word with this gag on my mouth and hands tied. But I guess he'll be happy. I saw you in her arms I hate to admit it. I took away the thing you love most it is all my fault I do deserve this."

Marinette was set in a nearby barrel to sit on before the boat began to move away from the docks thus beginning its voyage. And knowing that no one was coming to save her caused Marinette's blue eyes to become filled with tears. She then leaned her head into the edge of the ship as the tears began to fall down her face in complete and utter despair.

"Hey Luka, Have you seen Mari?" Alya asked as she searched in the halls.

"No, is it me or is Chloe acting differently?" Luka asked.

"I thought it was just Adrien." Alya commented, "I guess everyone been acting weird, but Chloe always been that cold."

"Well, I'm going to check on her, it's like she reversed in personality," Luka replies.

"And I'll keep looking for Marinette so she can see what's going on with Adrien," Alya suggested.

Luka couldn't handle to watch Chloe be so suddenly distant with him and her odd behavior. He found her guarding the door where volpina-Marinette was kept.

"Come with me," Luka says. As he pulled her hand.

"What now snake boy?" She followed, all the while scolding herself for being weak enough to give in to him before Reverser magic. Not that she truly cared now. She hissed sharply when he spun her around suddenly, only now realizing that they were outside, "what your problem with me now?"

"Chloe, what really happened at the tavern?"

"I was bounced out. What? You don't trust me."

"I don't trust what you said really, actually happen."

"Oh, so you're not as clueless, you shouldn't trust me," Chloe comments as she started to walk off.

Luka grabbed her arm and stop her in her steps, "Do you trust me?"

"No." Chloe took her hand away from him holding it, "Like you trust me remember I can't drive."

"Chloe this isn't about that," Luka argues back.

"The whole entire crew don't trust me. Why should I trust you?" Chloe coyly says.

"You know that's not true," Luka reassures.

"Here the thing, Reverser did do a little number on me."

"Reverser?" Luka asked in confusion until he recognizes what was going on.

"It was very eye-opening he made me remember who I should trust. Not who leaves me behind. As much as I can tell I can always depend on Evilustrator to be on my side."An anxious silence settled between them.