SHIFTING

ISAAC'S POV:

Around nine, I drove to Ashley's neighborhood. I don't even know why she is not accepting me.

I parked the car, went to her apartment door and placed my ear to it. I can't hear anything despite having a good hearing.

"Can you hear something?" I asked my wolf.

"Nope, but my imagination is going wild... I am thinking of her taking a bath while we... " my wolf said but I cut him off.

While I was busy arguing with my wolf I didn't notice the door opening, since I kept my ears on the door, I fell inside.

Ashley moved when she saw me falling, so I ended up falling on her feet.

"So, this how you are going to sweep her off her feet huh? " my wolf asked completely forgetting that he is a part of me.

"Mr.Knight?" she asked bewildered.

I got up and patted my suit while giving her an awkward smile.

"What are you doing here Mr.Knight?" Ashely asked cautiously while rubbing her fingers.

"I was on my way to meet my friend, since it's in the way" I lied. I definitely came here to see her.

"I came here to apologize since what I spoke that day was my mistake and I should have never raised my hands on you... I almost slapped you and I am really sorry for that."I blurted out before she could say something.

She looked dumbstruck.

Before she could say something she fell on the floor screaming.

I rushed towards her and placed her head on my lap.

"What happened?" I asked anxiously.

"Hurts... Hurts" she croaked.

"Tell me what hurts? " I asked while taking my mobile to call 911.

"Every... thing... Hurts" she gritted out while curled herself to a fetus position.

I stopped calling 911, when I realised what's happening. She is shifting. But only the first shift hurts...???

"Baby, Is this your first time shifting?" I asked while caressing her hair.

Her eyes widened and she breathed out heavily.

"If shifting is this painful, I don't want to shift" she said. I was dumbstruck when I realized she is a late shifter which is quite rare but not unusual.

"OK, calm down baby. Everything will be fine just breathe in... Breath out" I inhaled and exhaled along with her.

After an hour of agonizing screams and endless consolation my mate shifted.

She shifted in a brown wolf. She was adorable.

Her wolf blinked it's eyes curiously looking around and then its sight finally landed on me.

It studied me for a minute and growled. It was almost like a bark.

I extended my arms and encouraged it to come near me.

After a lot of hesitation, it came to me while I held her wold like a new born baby on my chest.

"I can't believe I witnessed you shifting for the first time. It was nerve-wracking but amazing" I said and petted her wolf.

It howled and tried to climb on my shoulders.

"Careful there, if you tear my shirt Ashley should pay for it" I said fully knowing that it cannot understand me.

After few minutes her wolf dozed off.
Must be tired from shifting.

I carefully placed her on the bed and dialed Amour.

When she didn't answer I messaged her that I won't be coming back tonight.

Later, I called a doctor who is a werewolf.

After giving her a painkiller shot, he prescribed me some medicine to massage her body when she shifts back to human.

I thanked him.

I sat next to her on the bed after the doctor left.

Only then I realized that my wolf was awfully quiet for sometime. After the initial yelling he is quiet.

"Hey... Are you okay?" I asked my wolf.

"I am fine... I am just in awe about my mate's first time shifting. How many can see their mate's first time shifting? We are lucky" my wolf said.

"So, you can also speak like this too. I thought you can only speak about perverted things" I said with fake surprise.

My wolf stayed silent. Maybe he is busy gazing at his mate.

"Why don't you shift, so that I can stay with her" My wolf suggested.

"No, You know I will not be in control after shifting. It will be dangerous, if someone sees two wolves in a apartment" I refused my wolf.

My wolf grumbled but agreed.

I was caressing her while I dozed off.

My eyebrows creased when I felt a hand on my hair.

I opened my eyes and was surprised to see her sitting next to me.

"You shifted back?" I exclaimed.

Ashley nodded.

Out of nowhere she leaped and hugged me. I was surprised.

I returned the hug and patted her back.

"Thank you, I thought I'll be alone when I first shift. I was fine with it but I didn't realize until yesterday I needed someone emotionally and physically to stay with me. For that I am thankful" she said crying.

"It's okay, I am glad I could help you" I said and wiped her tears.

She nodded and led me to the living room.

I was surprised when she gave me a plate of spaghetti.

"Thanks" I said and ate a mouthful. It was good. It's tastes and feels amazing when someone else cooks for you.

"It's great" I praised her.

After breakfast, I went back to my penthouse.

After getting ready I went to my office.

When I reached office, I was surprised to see Ashley talking to a colleague.

I called her after entering my room.

"Why did you come today, you could have taken leave" I suggested.

"I had some pending work to do" she said not looking at me.

I got up and went to her.

I placed a bottle on her hand.

She looked at it curiously.

"It will help you with sore and stiff muscles" I said smirking.

She blushed.

"You know yesterday it felt as if you gave birth to our child. The moment was as precious as giving birth" I said.

"Shut up" she said and ran away after pushing me.

I smiled thinking about her shifting.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Vote.
Comment.
Share.
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖