Chapter V

Almost three years had passed. Draco had turned four years old and gotten so handsome, while Katie was three years old and became daddy’s little girl.

Draco had learnt to write and read already, and as soon as he turned five he was going to be taught about charms and spells, and any other useful subject. Katie was going the same way. They had to be the best in school.

On a rainy morning, Lucius went to work as he normally did. Narcissa stayed home and Draco received his writing and reading lessons, while Katie played outside with the house-elves.

The bell rang, Narcissa ordered a house-elf to see who was at the door. A minute or two later, the house-elf was back.

“There’s a man claiming he has some news of Mr. Malfoy, ma’am.” The house-elf said. “He said his name’s Arnold Schuller.”

“Bring him to me.” Narcissa said nodding.

Other two minutes passed, and then a brunette man walked in. Narcissa recognized him. They had only met once, though.

“I’m afraid I have some bad news.”

“Tell me.”

“Your husband has been captured by the aurors, they think he was a follower of You-Know-Who.” He said. “They’ll come for you.”

“I appreciate it, Arnold.” Narcissa said. “If you don’t mind, I have to go for my kids.”

“Of course, good luck.”

Narcissa rushed to the kitchen, where she found Ess. The little elf that had gone to William’s house to help with the kids three years ago.

“Ess, take Draco and Katie to William’s. Tell him Lucius has been captured and I need him to take care of them, tell him to not come here.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Ess said and stopped what she was doing.

Narcissa went for Draco and Katie while Ess packed some of their stuff quickly. They were not babies anymore, she couldn’t just leave them without an explanation, she had to make something up and quickly.

“Draco, Katie.” She whispered, kneeling down so she could be face to face with them. “Mummy and Daddy will take a little vacation.”

“Can’t we go with you?” Draco asked.

“It’s for daddy’s job, and you know that’s not for little kids.” Narcissa said. “Besides it will be really boring, it will be better at Uncle William’s house, right?”

“We are going there?” Draco asked excited.

“Yeah, don’t forget to be polite and take care of Katie for me, okay?” Draco nodded.

“I don’t want you to go, mummy.” Katie started crying.