Chapter 9: remembering him...

The slightest whisper was heard through the darkness, "Jenny...." a males voice whispers. "It's time for school..." Jenny got confused, how is she at home and there's a males voice that wasn't Lee's as he's always round, she began crying.. "I'm sorry Jenny, I just tried to wake you up for school, please forgive me" the voice became worried and was much louder now and sort of... panicky. "I-it's okay... its n-nothing you di-did..." Jenny managed to spit out through her tears. "I'm going to call Autumn!" He ran straight towards his phone and started to ring Autumn.
Autumn: hey, you all right Adam?
Adam: no! I was waking Jenny up and she began to cry!
Autumn: put her on the phone please
Adam brought the phone down from his ear and stretched the phone out towards Jenny, signalling her to take it. She did, she brought the phone towards her ear
Jenny: Au-Autumn, you know wh-why I'm cry-crying. Don't yo-you?
Autumn: yes, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to be blunt with you but.... he's dead, he has been for 6 years and there's nothing we can do. You'll be okay, please go to the bathroom wash your face and get ready for school. I dropped your stuff at Adams last night. I'll see you at school, bye.

The phones end call beep was heard from Adam, signalling him to retrieve his phone back.

"Jenny, we need to set off like... now! So hur-" Adam was cut off as he gawped at Jenny, trudging down the staircase. She giggled as she noticed his jaw dropped, she went up to him and placed his chin in her hand and pushed it up, closing his mouth. "Jesus, you don't waste time do you?" Jenny giggles to herself, lifting her school bag onto her shoulder : adjusting her hair or anything to make her feel comfortable.