Ep28: Fluttery

TEA TIME:

Cyrus confronts Jonah during class, and the two agree to talk to each other after school. After chatting with Walker about hos boy problems, Cyrus and Jonah start to talk. That's what you missed on Ep27!

................................

~Tj's Pov~

Why is life complicated all of a sudden? Everything was fine until a couple of weeks ago. Now I cannot even make one decision.

It all started with that one night everyone hung out at the track field. The night when Marty told everybody he was trans.

I saw Cyrus there, and my heart felt weird. I never really had crushes on anyone my whole life. I've dated one person besides Natalie.

Natalie and I weren't even really dating, to be honest. She's a childhood friend of mine, and her dad wanted her to bring a date to her cousin's wedding. She asked for a favor and that's how that started. We only 'dated' for like a week.

Anyway, back to that night. My heart had this unusual feeling. It felt warm and giddy. Cyrus had this adorable outfit on that resembled candy. He was being flirty, and I played along with it. I ended up giving him my hoodie due to him freezing.

He made me feel happy. I felt special. I didn't want to leave his side that night, amd just sitting next to him managed to make me smile.

I actually talked to my friend, Natalie about the strange feelings and she told me something that threw me off guard. She said that I liked Cyrus.

I didn't believe her at first and shrugged it off, but the more and more I thought of it, the more and more my feelings towards Cyrus grew.

Then one day, Cy confessed his feelings for me. I didn't know what to do. I never really dated someone for real...let alone a guy.

I was so scared, and I still am scared of what my family would think. They're not homophobic, but I just don't know. Will they treat me differently? Will my friend's and teammates treat me differently.

I told Cy I was straight. Which at the time, was somewhat true. I was 'dating' Natalie, so I didn necessarily lie.

I never even questioned my sexuality. I never thought of that as something I should question. Like I said, I never had a true crush before, so I didn't know what I was. This whole time, I could never identify myself...until now?

I don't know if I like Cyrus or not. I mean, he's adorable, quirky, funny, cute, and all of that stuff...but I'm not sure if I'm ready to just go with the wind as gay or bisexual.

Then the party went on. I didn't remember much from it, except the fact that I was drinking, which I shouldn't have done, honestly.

Cyrus told me that I really expressed some feelings that night. Did I actual kiss him? And of course Natalie would be texting me 'congrats'.

I told Cy that I'd answer his question soon. He asked if I liked him back, but I needed time to just think to myself and figure put what my identity is. Who am I?

I mean, I know who I am. Tj Kippen. Team Captain of the boys basketball team, well known person, and Cyrus's crush. I knew who I was on the outside. I wanted to discover who I was on the inside.

It was afterschool and I was laying down in bed, just thinking. I was going to meet up with Nat at The Spoon to talk about my so called crush, but I remembered that Cyrus and Jonah were meeting there today.

I then texted someone else to meet at the park. Nat had told me she was actually busy, but that gave me the opportunity to talk to someone I haven't had the greatest history with. But I knew she'd help me.

...............................

"Hi," I greeted as I walked up to the girl who sat on the bottom of a slide.

"Hey, Tj." Buffy greeted back. "Why did you want to talk so bad?"

"I wanted to get some things off my chest," We walked over to a table, and sat across from each other. "I know we don't have a great history,"

"You can say that twice," the girl muttered. "Continue,"

"I wanted to say sorry, for those few months of me being a jerk."

"Really? Why so sorry, all of a sudden?"

"I realized that I was wrong for not giving you a chance. I know how it feels to he pushed away before given a chance," I explain. Buffy smiled at me.

"You like, Cyrus." She smiled.

"Why would you assume that?"

"It's pretty obvious, if you ask me."

"I'm just confused!" I whined, exaggerating a bit.

"Your whole demeanor changes when Cyrus comes around. Do you feel anything when you're around him?"
She asks.

"Well...my chest starts to feel warm. My cheeks heat up, and it feels like there is no other facial expression besides a smile. My heart starts to beat faster, and I just want to protect him. I get this feeling in my stomach that's bubbly and-"

"Fluttery?" Buffy asks, finishing my statement. I nod, answering her.

"Do I have a crush?"

"Yea. You have a big crush." She smiles. All I do is grunt.

"What am I suppose to do!?" I yell, throwing my hands in the air.

"Date, engage, and marry, Cyrus." The girl joked.

"I don't know, Buffy! I don't know if I want a realtionship. I don't know who-"

"You are? Look, Tj. Maybe instead of not knowing who you are, you're not allowing yourself to be who you are."

"I-I don't kn-"

"Be yourself, Tj. No one will judge you. Cyrus, Andi, Amber, and I will never judge you." She smiled. I thought deeply about it, and let her words sink in.

"I want Cyrus to be my boyfriend," I said, a small smile taking place.

"And Cyrus wants you to be his boyfriend, question is, how will you two come together?"

"Have any ideas?"

To be continued.......