seven

seven; THEY CALL HER THE WOLF

"Cashmere and Gloss." Haymitch announced as he gestured to the television, "Brother and sister. District 1. They won back-to-back games, capitol favourites, lots of sponsors. They will be lethal."

He pressed a button on the remote, not bothering to watch for his tribute's reactions and the image shifted from the smiling siblings to a male and female who were cheering triumphantly.

"And the other half of the Career Pack, Brutus and Enobaria," Haymitch spoke.

"What's with her teeth?" Katniss asked, slightly disturbed at the sight of the woman who was shouting something, the sharp teeth in her mouth exposed for all to see.

"She had them filed into fangs so she could rip people's throats out," Haymitch answered casually.

"She's committed." Peeta responded though he looked rather ill as he watched the image on the screen change once again, this time, the male and female stood stoically, "I'll give her that."

"Wiress and Beetee. Not fighters, but brilliant, and weird." Haymitch explained, "Real tech-savvy. He won his Games by electrocuting six Tributes at once."

Katniss and Peeta shared an impressed look.

"The Morphlings, masters of camouflage. They basically, won their Games by hiding until everyone else was dead. Self-medicating ever since, which I applaud. Not a threat." The victor explained before changing the image on the screen again.

"Finnick Odair, right?" Katniss questioned.

"Yes." Haymitch replied, "He won his Games at 14, youngest ever, extremely humble."

Katniss scoffed a cynical laugh, "You're kidding."

"Yes, I'm kidding." Their mentor replied, "He's a peacock. A total preener, but he's the Capitol darling. They love him here. Charming, smart, and very skilled at combat, especially in water."

"What about weaknesses?" Peeta asked as he leaned forward to get a better look at the screen.

"Mags. She volunteered for Annie." Haymitch explained, "Mags was his mentor and basically raised him. If he's trying to protect her in any way, it exposes him."

"A guy like that has to know she's not gonna make it." Katniss said, "I bet when it really comes down to it, he won't protect her."

"Well, Katniss, I just hope when she goes, she goes quickly." Haymitch said as he looked at the screen sadly, the first real emotion they had seen from him, "She's actually a wonderful lady."

"Anyone else to look out for?" Peeta questioned when he noticed the guilty look on Katniss' expression.

Their mentor paused for a moment pressed another button and the picture shifted to a woman stepping forward and raising her hand as she volunteered, sending a gentle look to the woman beside her who was shaking her head back and forth, ready to cry.

"I don't recognise her." Peeta commented as he stared at the screen, not remembering the woman who had been joined by a muscular man, "Who is she?"

"Ember Tides, District 8." Haymitch replied with a look in his eyes that neither Katniss nor Peeta could decipher, "She won the 55th, after getting a 6 in her assessment."

"She's the one who killed three Career's during the Bloodbath, isn't she?" Katniss asked, trying to place the woman, "They called her the W–"

"Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, yes." Haymitch interrupted her with a shadow of a smile, he was still impressed, "Many tributes have attempted her play in the years following her games but the only person completely successful was Johanna Mason, another person you should both be worried about."