Chapter 3 | Closed Secrets

"All these dreams,

. . . Put some faith in me"

I washed my now-pale, dirty hands on the clear glistening water of the Ladies toilet. And no, not the toilet. That's disgusting and unsanitary. Only a psycho would. Like, who the hell would do that?

God, I'm sounding like Rarity now.

I dried off the remaining droplets of water with the paper towels after I turned off the tap. There wasn't much here other than stalls lined up together and mirrors with sinks in front of them on the opposite side. I was still thinking of yesterday, both what happened at the Locker Rooms and what I found out at Laney's yesterday.

I thought he stopped?

I shook my head vigorously and focused on something else that happened yesterday but instantly cringed. Last night wasn't the bests of beats but wasn't the worst either. So I guess that's good right?

Currently, it's Period 3, about 10 more minutes before Lunch. I decided I need to "shit now" (Yes, I ran before Ms Matilda shouted that I had detention for swearing) and left when really all I wanted was to get out of History.

Like, what the fricking point of it? We're just learning about useless shit that has already happened when we should be focusing on the present and future. Not the past.

My breathing heaved as I shakily sat up, wrapping the blanket around me even more. Tears started springing out as I continued to sob about my nightmare. A nightmare about the past. Something I wish I could take back and start over.

I blankly stared at the wall, emotionless when I stopped crying. It's not my fault. I didn't mean for it to happen. I shouldn't be thinking about this. I'm only a child. What's done is done. It happened for a reason. Now I can't look back and dwell on the past. I have to focus on the present.

What's happing now.

Before it becomes a past I can't take back.

I sighed, moving my rainbow locks out of the way and leaned off the sink. Just as I was about to stroll out, Flitter walked in. She had a grim look on her face but immediately brightened when she saw me.

   "Hey, Dash. What's up? What are you doing here? Wait, let me guess. Skipping? As always?" She said, giving me a knowing look on her face.

Meet Flitter, a bubbly gal who's always uprising but sometimes uptight. She's like a mixture of Rarity and Pinkie, which would make sense since she's on the Cheer Team with Pinkie and in Arts and Designs with Rares.

Plus, she was close friends with her when they were out searching and dating for, and I quote 'Hot guys that can make me wet just by looking at them'.

I'm not that close with her unlike her twin sister, Cloud Chaser, who's one of my teammates. But we both show mutual kindness towards each other.

   "Uh, yeah. Didn't want to stay any longer before my brain starts having a seizure."

   "Which class?"

   "History."

Silence engulfed us as we both awkwardly stood there, not knowing what to say or do. See what I mean by not being that close?

I was weirded out from myself because I was never awkward with anyone. But something about her put me on edge. Maybe because she was silent? After all, It is unusual for Flitter to stay quiet.

She would always talk about something whenever, wherever. It was like her thing. Other than Pinkie of course.

When you see her, she'll either be talking about some 'hot guy to fuck' or about her hair. And no, she isn't one of those fake bitches you read in books or whatever shit Rares tell me.