Chapter 9

"That's crazy!" Percy called with an angry, but surprised look on his face. There was no doubt that Pirithous and Hades were enemies, it's in the Greek stories! But, somehow, this surprised me. How, and why, would Pirithous steal Hades's scepter? They have been at peace for ages!

"How long?" I questioned suddenly, making everyone look at me. I must have tuned everyone out, because it looked like they were talking. Opps. Looking up at my father, not in the eye of course, but more at his chest.

He gave me a questioning look, before realizing what I'm asking. Solemnly, he replied, "For a few months now. Right after the war with Gaea." I nodded at this, understanding. So, Hades and Pirithous have been at war with each other since Gaea was stopped. Why would he keep this for so long?

"Well do you know where Pirithous is hiding out?" Annabeth asked after a few seconds of taking it in. "And when he stole it?"

"No, but somewhere around California. He came and went through the main entrance. The heist was almost a week ago, so he probably hasn't traveled anywhere yet."

"Okay..." Annabeth sighed, her gears already turning. She looked over at Percy and Leo, they were on the right of Annabeth; I was on the left. Then, without reason, a pang of sadness went through me with that simple gesture. Why am I now sad? Nothing happened.

Confused by this I try to focus on the conversation and not my feelings. "So," I shaked off my feelings, "We have to search all of California, which is a very large state, and try to find your scepter." I look at Hades at the 'your', giving him a 'find your own stuff' look.

"Yes, that is correct," Hades agreed, ignoring my glare. I groaned. "Don't worry," Hades continued, seeming to read my mind, "Pirithous and the scepter are only in Los Angeles. Close to the entrance."

"Well that's good," Leo sighed, "At least we don't have to waste a couple weeks searching the whole state."

"Yea," Percy agreed. He turns to Annabeth and she nodded a little, looking relieved but also a little troubled.

"But, how do you know this?" Annabeth asked.

"That's for me to know and you to not." Hades answered cripticly. He smiled a little at that. "And one last thing," Hades smirked, looking at each of us, "You have 48 hours to get this done." He then snapped his fingers and my vision went dark. Suddenly, after a few seconds of eerie blackness, my vision returned in full color. But, the scenery was different this time.

"What?" Annabeth called, surprise on her face. "That's impossible!" she yelled, but Hades was already gone, disappeared with his throne room. She looks around expectantly, trying to look for Hades, but with no luck. He was gone. She sighed, and looked at her companions. Leo looked a little shaken up and surprised by the sudden transportation, but he'll get over it. I knew that for sure. Percy started forward when Hades teleported us, has now stopped suddenly, probably surprised by the sudden transportation. I seemed like the only one who wasn't fully stunned by his actions.

"Where are we? What is this place?" Leo asked, looking around the brick alleyway. He came to his senses. I spun around looking for clues, but coming up with little. We were in an alley, not large, but had a lot of room. It was brick too, kind of like the alleys you would find in New York City. The one we were in, though, was between two buildings that lead to an almost deserted street. I, looking at the street, hid in the shadows with the rest of my friends following suit when a random civilian walked by and looked at the alleyway questioningly. He probably heard Annabeth talking after we got transported. The civilian passed the alleyway with a shrug, and after a few seconds, I sighed in relief and walked out of the shadows.

"We don't want anyone to see us," I hissed quietly, turning on Annabeth with a glare.

"Sorry," She said sheepishly. Glaring at her for a second more, I turn back to the alleyway entrance. No one else is coming.

"We need to start moving. We only have 48 hours." Percy stated, already walking out of the alleyway and into the street. "Come on guys!" He called back to us motioning for us to follow him.

"I agree with that statement." Leo agreed. "Let's go."

Regaining her composure, Annabeth said, "Hades said that the scepter is in Los Angeles. Let's go there first. Nico can then lead us to the entrance and we can start searching around there."

"Alright," I responded, "Let's go there. But first, where are we now?"

"Uh..." Leo said, "Good question. Is there a map or anything around?"

"Uh guys..." Percy trailed off. "I don't think that'll be a problem." He was looking down at a map from a nearby vacation pamflete area in his hands.

"What?" Annabeth and I say at the same time.

"We are in San Francisco, California! Los Angeles is on the other side of the state!"

"What!" Annabeth yelled, "What kind of joke is this Hades?"

I can ominously hear Hades' laughter in the background.

Hey! I know, I know. It's been like 6 months, but I've been writing! (I also just kinda stopped for like 3 months too but that's not going to be mentioned.)

But anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter of Lost memories. Make sure to love the chapter and maybe comment.

~ Luna