| T H R E E |

*This chapter kind of sucks, tense is everywhere and there's plot holes that don't fit with newer chapters. Please keep reading, it gets better I promise*                Mariella

 Please keep reading, it gets better I promise*                Mariella

In my arms I carry my baby boy, in which I am still yet to name. I gave birth a mere 3 hours ago, at 1:40 P.M. Alone.

As I lie in this hospital bed, I can't help but wonder what things would have been like if Mateo was here to support me. My best friend Jen had offered to come and support me, but the doctors refused on letting anyone without familial relations to either me or the babies enter the room.

She is here now however, in the tattered old hospital chair that looks as though the cover is sandpaper. I wish in her arms were my baby girl, but there were 'major complications' as the doctor said. So right now my baby is in some room in the NICU hopefully recovering from a last minute treatment to save her life.

They have yet to come back and update me on my baby girl. Jen has had to take my handsome little one away from me a few times from panic attacks of waiting. I was violently I shaking, and I'm glad Jen was there to make sure my baby was ok.

A soft knock on the door awakes me from my thoughts as a smiling doctor makes his way into the room.

"Mariella," he shakes my hand, "I'm glad to see you're doing well and awake. So, we really some tests and found that your baby girl had something we call Esophageal Atresia, or EA. We had to do an emergency operation, and I think you'll be happy to know that it went well. The only downside is you won't be able to see your little one until at least a week."

I release a breath I didn't know I was holding, and sigh. Immediate relief floods Jen's face, as I'm sure it did mine.

"Why will it be such a long wait?" I just want to hold my baby.

"You see, the treatment that we use is the quickest recovery actually. The esophagus needs time to heal and join together without any stress put on the baby. We are keeping her in a sterile room, as an infant getting surgery, she is at high risk for infection."

Infection? What if she dies?I can't handle my baby not being here with me. I can already imagine how beautiful she is considering what my other angel looks like.

"Thank you doctor, I would like to get some rest? Please look out for my girl."

After reassuring me, he leaves the room with my baby boy to put him in the nursery for the night. Jen leaves soon after to get some food and let me sleep.

Unable to fall asleep, I imagine my babies grown up. These babies are my saving grace. The reason I'm alive. They are my Angels.