Chapter 10 ~ Help

[Third person]
Hari stared at Kai as he ran forward. Oh no. Oh god no. He wasn't meant to see this. Kai grabbed onto his wrist, pulling it towards himself. "Why? Why did you do this? I thought you were getting better!"
Hari didn't dare look up at Kai. He felt so guilty. "Answer me damnit! Why!?" Kai pulled harshly on his arm, causing Hari to yelp slightly.

He looked up at Kai to see he was... crying. That's not what he wanted. "I.... Ka- Chisaki. I'm s-sorry..." Hari couldn't hold back the weak sobs that left his body.
Kai pulled him into a hug, trying to hold back his own tears. "I just thought you were getting better... I hoped you'd gotten better. I don't usually feel this way towards patients. You're different. I actually care about you and want you to get better. So please, don't ever do this again."

Hari felt his heart flicker slightly when he said he felt differently about him. No. He was lying. He just said that to try and help him. He didn't actually care about him. Hari scrunched up his face and pushed Kai away, immediately missing his warmth. "You're lying. You don't care for me, it's just your job. Why would you even care for me, a depressed faggot. You're just trying to make me feel better by lying. That's all people ever did to me. Fucking lie!"

Kai was frozen. He didn't know what to say to that. His job was to talk to people but right now he was unable to. He was frozen. Hari curled up into a ball, still crying his eyes out. "Just give up already." He said, his voice slightly muffled. "Just let me die." Kai could see he clearly wasn't getting any better and made the decision right then and there.

"I'll get another therapist for you. I can see you clearly don't like me and I want what's best for you. I'll talk to a few people. This may be the last time you see me." Kai stood up and started heading towards the door. He could already feel the warm liquid pouring down his face. He hated having to do this. He didn't want to leave Hari. He didn't want to leave him because he loved him. He had denied it this entire time but he knew it was true. This was what was best for the both of them.

Hari looked up, shocked and confused. He was leaving? He was..... leaving. Hari looked down at his bloody wrist and mentally punched himself. "No. Please don't leave me." Hari's voice was barely a whisper. "I don't want to be left again. I don't hate you so please don't leave me." Kai turned around again, stopping his hand which was centimetres away from the door handle.

"I-" Kai paused. He had to choose his words right. "Why do you say those things to me if you like me?" Hari just burried his head in his legs. "Because I'm confused. I don't know how to trust people because I've been backstabbed so many times. I want to think that you're not lying, I want to think you're telling the truth. I want you to care for me. But I know you can't."

Kai walked back over, sitting on the edge of the bed. He placed a hand on Hari's leg before speaking, trying to reassure him. "I do care for you. None of what I said was a lie. I get that it's my job to help you but that's not why I-" he paused again, looking down at his feet. "I like you Hari. I know I shouldn't. It's against the rules to like a patient but I can't tuck it away any longer."

Kai looked across at Hari with a weak smile. "I think I may love you Hari."

♡~° Well that's pretty gay°~♡