( CHAPTER THREE - ASTERIA'S PLAN )

CHAPTER THREE - ASTERIA'S PLAN

( FEBRUARY 24th, 2150 POLIS )

( FEBRUARY 24th, 2150 — POLIS )

   FACING FEARS was a task that Asteria had become familiar with. She couldn't remember a time when she did not look fear straight in the face. Whether it was living in Mount Weather, huddled up against one side of her cage while all the other Grounders hissed threats in her direction, or the fact that she was standing in the middle of a landmine with no knowledge of which one was going to go off first.

All around her was darkness while she walked around the bodies of the inflicted. Each step she took in the over-crowded tavern was scary, even though half of the bodies under her were unconscious. She could not let her guard down, even if she was among, who she still had trouble believing, were her people. That is what Phoenix wanted her to believe, that she was safe under the eyes of the People from the forest. But she noticed the looks she received when they thought she was not paying attention. The sneers when she walked past them were heard, the tension that clouded the room when she would enter. They did not like her.

She did not understand their ways. Like them, she was locked away in a cage as the Mountain Men ran their tests on her body. She could still remember when they would strap her down on to their metal chairs, then injected things that were unfamiliar to her into her blood. They would take her bone marrow for themselves and it had almost cost her, her life. Like them, she was caged and locked up as if she was a vicious animal.

Asteria still wondered what made her so different to the Grounders. That was a never ending question that she still did not have answers for.

The destruction that ALIE has caused was seen throughout the Grounder Capital. Asteria has only walked through two parts of the city and even those were bathed in innocent blood, torn down, and cursed for the years to come. Never would she forget what had happened, what she played apart of. It was something that she would remember and regret for the rest of her life.

Walking through the quiet tavern, Asteria could almost hear her blood pumping from how fast her heart was racing, but she forced herself to remain focused on the task at hand, no matter how afraid she was in this moment. It broke her heart to hear the noises coming from the broken underneath her. The sobs, the moans of pain were all something her ears were hearing as she bent down to assist Octavia Blake on helping the wounded regain strength that they would need.

A sudden hand on the young brunette warrior had her nearly jumping up, her hand resting on her sword as her wild green eyes met Asteria's widened blue. "I'm sorry," the blonde took a breath as she backed away. "I didn't mean to frighten you."

Octavia watched her with suspicious eyes as her shoulders tensed the second that she spun around, threatening her life with the sword that laid across her throat. She watched as Asteria's frightened gaze dropped down to Indra. Her gaze studying the blood splattered on top of her lips, the two holes on each wrist.