Chapter 30

“Blood Bound”

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 30

Tatiana groaned.  “What is taking them so long?  How hard can it be to get rid of one measly newborn?”

Ric sighed and patted the cushioned seat beside of him.  “Tatiana, come here and sit down.  Isabella said that she had a plan and she would let us know the details when the time is right.  Don’t stress yourself, baby.  It’s rather unbecoming.”

Dangerously close to her breaking point, Tatiana spun around and glared at Ric.  Her whole future depended on whether or not Shelby lived.  As long as she was in the picture, Leo wouldn’t bother to give her a second look.  And that was completely unacceptable. She needed him to secure her position in the super natural world.  When the war started and they ruled over the human race she intended to be at the top of the totem pole.  She was born to lead.  She was born to be worshiped and she refused to let that stupid little human stand in her way. 

“Shut up!” she screamed out in frustration.  “Don’t you see how important this is?  She is the one that the prophecy speaks of.  She could already be carrying those good-for- nothing cowards precious leader.  She could ruin everything if we don’t get rid of her now. “

Ric frowned and leaned back casually on the couch, crossing his legs out in front of him.  “She’s weak,” he reminded her, “too weak to be any sort of formidable threat to us.  We will take care of her.  It’s going to be like stealing candy from a baby.  You’re worrying entirely too much babe.”   

Tatiana snorted.  “She’s managed to elude our attempts so far. She not only has Leo acting as her guard dog, she also has a damn consecration pendant.  She isn’t that weak.”

“Semantics.  You’re talking about semantics.  We sent stupid coyotes after her.  Any newborn worth a grain of salt could have dealt with them easily.”  Ric sat up and leaned forward, spreading his arms out wide in front of him.  “Isabella said that she had a plan and any time now we will know what that plan is.  Besides, you know that whatever Isabella Risso wants, Isabella Risso gets.  By herself, she is a force to be reckoned with.  It’s all just a matter of time until Shelby meets her unfortunate demise and when she does, the world will be ours for the taking.”

“I am surrounded by idiots,” Tatiana mumbled to herself.  “You’re crazier than I thought if you think it’s going to be that easy.  That damn woman is like a cat with nine lives.”

“Be that the case, even a cat eventually runs out of all their lives.  Just watch,” he remarked knowingly, “you’ll see.  Shelby Tanner’s time is coming to an end.  That so called leader you are referring to will never see the light of day.”

Tatiana opened her mouth to tell Ric that he was stupid to think that it would be that simple when a minor disturbance in the air caught her attention. 

Ric jumped to his feet when he felt it too.  Seconds later the bodily forms of Isabella and Marko appeared in front of them. 

Tatiana’s whole demeanor instantly changed.  Instead of being irritated like she had been with Ric, she forced herself to appear more refined and cultured.  “Isabella,” she forced a smile on her face, “it’s good to see you again.”

Isabella returned her smile.  “Oh dear sweet child, it’s always such a pleasure to see you.  I already see you as my daughter in law but I can’t wait until you are actually bound to my son by blood and the relationship is official.  Truth be told, you have always been the daughter that I never had. ”