Fighting and making up

(Third person POV)

"I'm sick of all the jokes Richie! You can be so annoying sometimes, I swear! Next time you want to make me laugh, try not making a joke about screwing another girl!" Eddie threw a pillow that was near by at Richie.

Richie dodged it just as it was about to hit him in the face. "It was a joke, Eds! Would you rather me make that joke about you and have the others look at us weirdly?" (They haven't told the losers yet)

This seemed to make Eddie fume more. "How many times have I told you to stop fucking calling me that?!"

The thing is, Eddie wasn't pissed off about Richie calling him that or about the joke. He was upset for exactly what Richie just said...he can't make the joke about them because they're not out, and they're not sure if they ever can be. Its not allowed. Its 'gross'.

"Eddie, why are you being such a brat about this!?-" Richie was about to shout out slurs and complaints at the boy, until he saw the tears in his boyfriends eyes. His face fell, feeling empathy and concern."E-...Eddie? Hey, I'm sorry I shouldn't have yelled.." Guilt ran through Richie's body.

"No..."Eddie wiped his tears but they just kept pouring, sobs wracking his entire body. He slumped down to the floor, legs crossed and head in his hands.

Richie walked over to him,sat in front of him and asked, "No?"

"Its not the yelling...Hell, its not the j-j-oke" He sobbed.

"What is it then?"Richie said, lifting Eddies head up and almost shedding some tears himself once he saw Eddies red eyes and tear streaked face.

"I h-hate not being able to really be with you! You're right here and I f-f-fucking miss you!Its so unfair" He was hyperventilating at this point, crying so hard.

Richie pulled Eddies inhaler out of his fanny pack, putting it to Eddies mouth and making him inhale. Once Eddie calmed down enough to breath, Richie pulled him into his lap and gently rocked him back and forth. "I know,baby..I know.." He sighed and rubbed Eddies back.

Eddie was griping tightly onto Richie's Hawaiian shirt, tears still streaming down his face though the sobs have died down, turning into sniffles. "I just-...I love you so much."

That was the first time either one of them has said that.

Richie froze, tears finally forming in his eyes. He took a deep breath, his voice hitching as he said, "I love you too Eds, and I want more than anything to show you off to the whole fucking world.." Richie tried to laugh but it came out wet and almost lifeless. "One day Eds. I promise that one day we can really be together. I promise." He held onto Eddie tighter.

Little did Richie know,that no more than 27 years later, the love of his life would lay lifelessly in his arms as the comedian felt as though his whole world had fallen apart in an instant.