Escape

~ perspective change (Y/N) ~

Slam!

Deo kicked the thick oak door open causing it to crash into the walls.

Y/N repressed her instinct to roll her eyes. Sometimes, Deo's rough manner was a little too rough. Too incautious, and too dramatic. But, for now, what ever got the soldiers' attention worked.

Ezio took a step forward as if to be Y/N's shield. He knew that she was undoubtedly the strongest person he knew. But that didn't change the fact that he was still protective of her.

Y/N saw the fear flash in the soldiers' eyes. Full grown men, supposedly the kingdom's most honourable soldiers, quivering in their armour. They knew exactly who they were.

The Bandits, though some knew them as The Night Riders. Dangerous, callous thieves. A threat to all kingdoms that sided with Miraz and Telmar.

Here they were, petrified like a prey in fear of its predator. Y/N nearly scoffed from just how pathetic they all looked.

Deo without thought pulled out his nunchaku. Ezio unsheathed his sword and Y/N got into a fighting stance. General Glozelle held his breath as he saw Y/N's scarlet ring twinkle in the starlight. He realised he was in the presence of The Bandit King.

They all moved at lightning speed. Swiftly stepping around, like a synchronised tribal dance. Like it was a performance, like it was a mere game.

Deo swung his nunchaku and attacked the soldiers mercilessly. He twirled around and pressed his weapon against the opponent's neck until they fell unconscious.

Ezio and his sword were one. He blocked and slashed the infuriated soldier's hits with ease, barely breaking a sweat.

Y/N on the other hand took down the most men. Her combat style was something the soldiers had never seen, leaving them utterly disoriented. Her eyes gleamed with precision. She punched and kicked all of the right acupoints and watched the men fall on the floor like human dominos, groaning in pain.

Within seconds all of the soldiers laid limp on the ground, including Glozelle

Ezio quickly walked over to the canopy bed and ripped open the curtains.

"No one's here" he said, perplexed.

Y/N felt her ears burn in anger. She quickly stomped towards the bed. It was deshevilled, but empty. Whoever was in there, she had missed them seconds apart. The thought that it could have been Miraz sparkled a pain in her gut.