The Runaway Prince

The cold wind stung the young prince's face as he cut through the village on horseback

The cold wind stung the young prince's face as he cut through the village on horseback. His professor's words linger in his knotted mind."Everything you know is about to change"

What exactly does that mean? He thought anxiously. What is going to happen?

As he ran out the back gate he saw two guards charging his way, iron spears aimed at his head. Instinctively he jerked one of the spears of the soldier's hands, causing him to collapse on the ground.

Once upon a time, the young prince would have felt bad for them. But seeing as were all working under his cruel uncle's rule, he couldn't trust anyone.

His dark horse continued to gallop through the village. He was too fixated on running to notice the absence of the civilians. They had finally made it across the bridge to the end of the kingdom.

Suddenly, flashing lights flared behind him, loud explosions bellowed in his eardrums.

He turned around to see fireworks of gold illuminating the dark sky. Cheers and applause erupted celebrating the birth of the new heir. Though the shimmering lights were somewhat of a baleful omen for the prince.

His horse panicked and reared, letting out a shrieking whinny. "Woah there!" Caspian uttered as he gripped harder on his reins. He patted the creature's neck, smoothing out it's straight mane.

"I need you to work with me a little longer" The horse snuffed and shook its head in response.

Right when Caspian had got his breath to catch up, he started to hear galloping from the distance, gradually getting louder and louder. He tossed his head behind him.

His creeping expression of relief drew back, and his eyes peeled in panic. Roughly twenty Telmarine soldiers were charging full speed towards him. A few men called out in a foreign language at the sight of the runaway. Horrified, the boy whipped his reins as hard as he could with his trembling hands. The horse shot off the ground and dashed as fast as it could.

Soon enough the chase was led out to the dry fields of the outskirts of Telmar. Caspian took a shot in the dark, and did as his mentor instructed. "You must make for the woods"

And so make for the woods he did. As he looked back he saw that the soldiers were inching closer by the minute.

The shadow of the dark forest grew darker and larger. The Telmarine soldiers' eyes widened in disbelief.

Anxiety crept up Caspians spine. He took a shaky breath, closed his eyes, and charged headfirst with determination. In the blink of an eye Caspian was swallowed branches and melted away into darkness.

Dismayed, all the soldiers halted abruptly at the border of the grassy earth and the gloomy woods. They exchanged looks of uncertainty trying hard to conceal their intimidation. As the question loitered in the air the leader raised his voice.