Everything You Know Is About To Change

~ flashback (Prince Caspian) ~

The Prince hurriedly ran across the fields to the stables shadowing his professor

His thoughts were still tangled, things were happening too quickly. He had always known his uncle was up to no good, but never in his life had he questioned whether he would try to assassinate him.

Still confused, the Prince quickly grabbed a armour vest and a sword. He climbed onto his horse that the professor had brought out.

"You must make for the woods" the old man whispered as he tightened the saddle.

"The woods?"

"They won't follow you there"

Cautiously, the professor reached into his cape pocket and pulled out something. With quivering hands he revealed an old cream coloured horn, intricately carved into a beautiful lion's head.

"It had taken me years to find this"

Caspian took the horn and studied it curiously. He didn't know what purpose it exactly served yet, but he shoved it in his waist pouch and got prepared to take off. The professor stopped him one last time.

"Do not use it. Only at your greatest need" Caspian had never seen his calm and stoic professor so shaken up.

The prince knew the answer, but he still asked. "Will I ever see you again?

The professor glanced down for a moment but looked back up, locking gaze with his young student.

"I dearly hope so, my prince. There is so much more I meant to tell you. Everything you know is about to change"

Suddenly, they heard yelling from the distance, the rattling of armour getting closer by the second. Caspian looked down at his professor.

Professor Cornelius. The only man who ever treated him as a person, who took him under his wing and raised him as if his own. The boy was at a loss of words, but their time was up.

"Now go!"

The professor slapped the horse without hesitation, and it galloped off into the dark village. As the prince distanced, the professor slowly walked backwards into the stable. His eyes were pinned on the boy, his weary heart was pounding in concern. Hands clutched, the old man prayed silently with all his might.

"May Aslan protect him, do let this poor boy survive his cursed night. And may everything fall into place"

 And may everything fall into place"