12. | jeongyeon

Sana and I sat quietly across from one another at her coffee table. I agreed to meet her here, as she said she wanted to apologize for last month. I don't know why I agreed. Maybe I needed a friend, maybe I needed a buffer. I don't know. All I knew walking into this situation is that I was scared of the outcome.

"So, you have something you wanted to say to me?" I crossed my legs and folded my arms, sitting back in the couch. I looked around the living room and up at the large light fixture above me. Sana has a nice house. Not too big, not too small.

"Yeah, I do." Sana sighed. Her left leg was shaking rapidly. Quite frankly, I couldn't blame her for being so anxious. "I'm really sorry about what happened. I don't know what got into me. I was just -"

"It's okay, Sana. I'm not mad at you and I never was. I just wanted an apology." I stated firmly.

"Thank you. You have no idea how much that means to me." Sana said, taking a deep breath.

To ease her anxiety, I patted my hand on the spot next to me. She got up and sat down, trying her best to keep her distance to avoid discomfort. I know she cares about me, she probably just doesn't know how to show it after Dahyun.

"Are you okay?" I asked, picking my feet up off the ground and turning to sit facing her. I sat in a tailor-fashion and took my phone out of my back pocket, sitting it on the coffee table.

"I just really wanted to start something with you but I went about it the completely wrong way." Sana put her face into her hands shamefully, shaking her head back and forth.

I sat for a moment, debating my options. I could tell her that it was okay and that I understood the position she was in; I could tell her that I didn't want to start anything. But quite frankly, I wasn't sure if I wanted to. I mean, yeah, Sana is gorgeous, intelligent, charismatic, and almost exactly my type. Plus, as soon as I wanted to stop, she didn't force me into anything. But the thought of Nayeon always floods my mind whenever I think of a potential suitor. I feel like I'm cheating on her and I've never even kissed her.

After a moment of hesitation, I spoke up. "It's never too late to start over."

Sana looked up at me and smiled, "Really?"

"Here, let's have a conversation." I said, rather giddily.

"Alright. What about?" Sana responded, trying to hide her blush.

"How has your weekend been?" I asked her, practically forcing the smile off my face.

"It was good. Had cheer practice yesterday and I've just spent today on my couch. How about you?" She said, turning to face me.

"Well, last night I babysat Chaejin. We watched a movie and then the strangest thing happened before I left.." I trailed off.

"What happened?" Sana asked, a concerned look spreading across her face.

"Nayeon got home and we got into this weird fight. She said some really homophobic shit to me and then I told her she disgusted me and that I knew about her and Mina fucking." I said.

"Wait, her and Mina fucked?" Sana'a mouth gaped open.

"You didn't know that?!" I exclaimed, beginnings to laugh.

Sana began to laugh too, throwing her head back. She had a nice laugh, too. The perfect amount of hearty and adorable. She was a genuine person and that's what I've always appreciated about her the most. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

I snorted. "No, I'm not! I'm one-hundred percent deadass!"

"I fucking KNEW IT." She said, still laughing. Both of us couldn't contain ourselves. "How'd you find out?"

"Overheard Tzuyu telling Chaeyoung in my AP Calc class."

"That's fucking RICH." Sana clapped her hands together, her head falling back in laughter once again.

"Nayeon looked like she saw someone die when I told her. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen."

Sana snorted. "I would PAY to see her reenact that."

"I just wish I could draw so I could paint it for you or some shit." I laughed.

Sana and I sat in silence for a moment before Sana spoke up, "How did hearing that make you feel?"

I gulped. I didn't want to confront my jealousy or my anger. I tried to put it out of my head altogether but last night put me over the edge. "I didn't feel much of anything."

"Let's say it didn't make you feel angry, you still confronted Nayeon with it." Sana said, raising a brow at me. Fuck, she's good.

"It makes me really angry that she has the nerve to be homophobic toward me, despite her own 'tendencies,' or whatever the fuck she wants to call them. Shit pisses me off." I said, cracking my knuckles.

"Anger is a gift, you know." Sana said, moving closer to me. She better not-

"What do you mean?"

"It gives you the power to have sex with the girl you hate's best friend and tell everyone about it." She smirked at me, raising her brow again.

She's really good at this.

"I guess you're right.." I trailed off, biting my lip. I moved closer to her, our knees now touching. Why am I letting her coerce me into this? "But if we're going to do this, we're doing it the right way. I'm kissing you first, got it?"

Sana smirked playfully at me. "I digress."

I put my hand on the side of her cheek and pulled her face close to mine, kissing her delicately. She was an amazing kisser. Perfect lips, not too much tongue, (or too little.)

I don't need to describe the rest of what occurred that day in front of her living room window.