Chapter 3: You Want Me To Kill Gianna D'Antonio

The sun was rising by the time you, John and the dog made it to the city and inside of the Continental. You guys walked in and towards the front desk, where Charon was standing. "I'd like to see the manager." John said to Charon as he looks up at the two of you. He looked a bit shocked to see you two back. "How good to see you again so soon, Mr. and Mrs. Wick. Shall I announce you?" Charon asked. "Yes, please." John said then he turns to you.

"I need you to wait here, okay?" He said to you and you nod at him. "Okay." You replied. He leans down and kissed your cheek just as you kiss his cheek then he leaves, the dog sitting by your side. "C'mon buddy. Let's go sit down." You said to the dog then you look up at Charon and nod at him. He nods back then picks up the phone while you and the dog go to a couch and sit down. "Mr. Wick is on his way to see you, sir." Charon said on the phone then hangs up.

"Impeccable. Put these into circulation." Winston said to this older gentleman after he looks at these coins. He places them inside the case a servant was holding out to him whe  John walks in. "Where is he?" John asked Winston as he takes a sip of his drink. Then Winston and the man stand up from their chairs and shake hands. "Thank you, my friend. Beautiful work. Beautiful." Winston said to the man and he walks away, leaving Winston and John alone.

"What are you doing, Jonathan?" Winston asked John. "He burned my house down." John said to him. "You rejected his marker. You're lucky he stopped there." Winston said to him then he shakes his head as he looks John over. "What the hell were you thinking, giving a marker to a man like Santino D'Antonio?" He asked. "It was the only way I could get out." John replied. "Oh. You call this out? What did you think was gonna happen? What did you expect? Huh? Did you really think this day was never going to come? Hmm?" Winston asked him then he sits back down, not taking his eyes off of John.

"What does he want you to do?" asked Winston. "I didn't ask. I just said no." John replied as he sits down on the chair across from Winston. "Two rules that cannot be broken, Jonathan. No blood on continental grounds, and every marker must be honored. Now, while my judgment comes in the form of excommunicado, the high table demand a more severe outcome if their traditions are refused." Winston replied. "I have no choice?" John asked.

"You dishonor the marker, you die. You kill the holder of the marker, you die. You run, you die. This is what you agreed to, Jonathan. Do what the man asks. Be free. Then, if you want to go after him, burn his house down, be my guest. But until then..." Winston said as John looks down then back over at Winston. "Rules." He said and Winston nods. "Exactly. Rules. Without them, we'd live with the animals." Winston said.

You were sitting on the couch and scratching the dog's ear when you look up and see John walking back in. You stand up and walk over to him but you could tell on his face that the talk didn't go as planned. "You have to go through with it, don't you?" You said to him. John looks you in the eyes and nods and you let out a sigh as John turns to Charon. "Do you board?" John asked him. "I'm sorry to say, sir, but this facility does not." Charon said. "I'll stay here with him." You said and John looks at you. "Just...promise me, you'll come back when you're done talking to that asshole." You said and he nods at you.

"And don't worry, Mr. Wick. I will accept the responsibility of watching over her, should you wish." Charon said and John looks over at him and nods. "Appreciate that." John said then he looks back at you. "I'll be back later." He said and you nod. "Be careful." You said to him. "I will." He said and he kisses you, lightly, on the lips and then walks out while you watch him leave, the dog whining next to you

"Does he have a name, ma'am?" Charon asked you, referring to the dog. "No. We...haven't agreed on one yet." You said as you look back at Charon