Chapter Six - Sheltered From the Storm

"I think it's gonna rain soon," you said, frowning at the sky.

"Where are we?" Arya asked as she plucked a root from the ground.

"Near Fair Market. I think," Sandor replied.

"You think? Do you have a map?"

"Does it look like I have a map?"

"Well maybe you should get one."

"Why don't you point out the next map shop you see and I'll buy you one." You let out a giggle.

"How far to the Eyrie?" You asked as the three of you walked back to the horses.

"Not far."

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" Arya quipped. She was in a mood today that was for sure.

"We're going the right way, don't worry. We'll see Aunt Lysa soon." You gave Arya a small smile and a pat on the cheek.

"We should find some shelter," you said to Sandor. "A storm is coming."

"Aye, one is." He took your hand and pulled you close. "We'll find something."

"Seven Blessings to you," someone said above you. Looking up, you saw a man and his young daughter.

"What do you want?" Sandor asked him.

"What do I want? This is my land."

"I'm standing on it, makes it my land."

"We were just watering our horses. We'll be on our way," Arya said. She stood up. "Forgive my father. He was wounded in the war and our cottage burned down while he was gone."

"We're just trying to find a place to put down some roots," you said sweetly, holding onto Sandor's arm. "My husband can be a little too brash at times."

"Which House did he fight for?" The man asked you.

"The Tully's of Riverrun," you said. The man looked between the three of you.

"There's a storm coming. You'll be wanting a roof tonight. There's hay in the barn," he offered. "And Sally here makes a delicious stew like her mom used to do."

"We're very grateful for your hospitality," you said, bowing your head slightly.

"We don't have much but any man who's bled for House Tully is welcome to it." With a smug look on your face, you looked at Sandor and Arya. Arya looked back with the same expression and Sandor just pinched you lightly. You giggled and kissed his cheek.

---

It had started to rain a little before you got to the cottage. It wasn't too much to where you were drenched, but enough to feel the wet. Inside the house was a fireplace that was already lit, a table, and a small bed. A door was on one side and you couldn't tell where it led. The man took your cloak and hung it by the fire to dry. You and Arya sat in front of the fire to warm up while the little girl made the stew and the two men went and collected more wood. With a shiver, you stood up and made your way to the girl.

"What's your name?" You asked her.

"It's Sally."

"Well it's nice to meet you, Sally. Is there anything I can do to help make supper?"

"You can cut the vegetables if you'd like."

The two of you made supper and you got to know the girl a little more. Her mother had died of an injury when she was young and ever since then it had been just her and her father. She was happy and healthy though, so she didn't complain. Sandor walked in to the sight of you teasing the young girl, making her laugh. Your eyes met and you smiled softly at him before returning your attention to the child.

"Your wife is very kind. I haven't seen Sally really smile like that since her mother was alive," the man said.

"Aye. She's very kind. Sometimes too kind."

"I never got your names. Mine is Issac."

"My husband's is Marcel. Our daughters is Ava and mine is Lara," you piped up from the kitchen. "Ava, help Sally set the table. Supper is almost ready."

"Yes, mother," Arya said, obediently getting up to help.

"Ah, you are guests you don't have to do that," Issac said.

"Nonsense. You are sheltering my family from the storm outside. It's the least I can do," you said with a wave of the wooden spoon. He looked like he wanted to argue, but Sandor put a hand on his shoulder.

"It's best not to argue with that one. She's so stubborn she can give an ass a run for its money." Arya let out a snort and you glared at him.

"Keep talking like that and you won't get any food, dear husband." Your voice was steely and Sandor gulped. Arya laughed and you turned your attention to her.

"It'll happen to you too, if you don't behave yourself," you warned. Arya stopped laughing and quickly went to grab the bowls and spoons for the meal.

"What about me?" Sally said with a tug on your tunic. You crouched down to her height and pinched her cheek.

"You can have all the food you want, sweetheart," you cooed. She smiled brightly and waltzed over to her father.

"I'm a sweetheart!" She said happily.

"That you are," her father agreed. "Now let's go wash up for supper."

The two of them went to the wash basin across the room and Sandor came up to you. He wrapped his arms around your waist and put his chin on the top of your head.

"Are you going to deny me some food, lovely wife?" He said.

"Are you going to stop being a prick?" You shot back. Sandor tightened his grip on your waist. Your breath hitched.

"Not the time," you said lowly.

He leaned down to whisper in your ear, "That's not what you were saying last night."

With one last squeeze to your middle and a kiss on your cheek, Sandor went to wash up with Arya. Your cheeks were red and your gut humming as you recalled what had transpired the night before. You were only jerked out of your thoughts when Arya touched your shoulder.

"Mother? You can go wash up now. Sally's going to finish with the food."

"Thank you, love," you said to Arya, kissing her head. "Go sit down, I'll be right over."

---

Dinner had gone off with only a few minor hitches. You had to stop Arya and Sandor from drinking directly from their bowls and to remind Sandor that he was in the presence of a child and that he shouldn't curse. You doted on little Sally when you could and had helped with the cleanup after the meal. Sandor kept you close to him and you were grateful for the extra warmth. It was only when Arya and Sally both yawned at the same time that it was time for bed.

"Let me put Sally in the bed then I'll lead you to the barn," Issac said. He picked up his little girl and Sandor picked up Arya. She tried to protest, but you shushed her.

"Just go to sleep, Ava. It's okay," you murmured, brushing hair out of her face. Arya tried to keep the sleep at bay, but lost the battle. Before Issac came back she was out like a light.

"This way." He led you outside and opened the door to the barn.

"If you end up needing anything, please let me know."

"We will. Thank you very much for everything," you said. Sandor had carried Arya inside and you followed.

"Goodnight, Issac."

"Goodnight, Lara."