1. The Prelude

Not A Cliché

*47 minutes ago*

A Mercedes-Benz-S-Class stopped in front of a tall skyscraper office. The door opened and a woman got out. She wore a V-neck cream coloured midi suit that hugged her figure and a black belt that highlighted her waist. Her elbow long sleeves showcased her wristwatch. And finally, with Apricot-hued heels and a classy bag- her look was complete.

She was speaking with someone while getting out of the car- her ebony hair, that was left open but was effortlessly styled, hid the Bluetooth in her ear and as soon as she was making her way towards the building, someone bumped into her.

"Oh! Shit, I am very sorry." A man apologised in a chirpy voice.

The woman looked thoroughly shocked by this- her eyes widened and mouth agape. "Oh shit, shit shit!" She exclaimed but quickly recovered and touched her left ear as she spoke further, "Karen, I am... Karen! Listen to me! I am coming upstairs and take out a dress for me. I will tell you later what happened, just do as I say. Please. Thank you."

She pressed her lips, her eyebrows crossed and reached out to her purse and just then, the man offered her a handkerchief. "Here. I am terribly sorry. I just was not looking where I was going." 'Clearly.' She thought and shook her head upon receiving his handkerchief. 

The man quietly took his handkerchief back, sort of let down that she didn't take it. 'Shit! This woman looks like she means business! She's probably going to lash at me now. Bloody hell. Why did I have to do this?!'

"It's completely okay, sir. Really. Don't worry about it." She could hear the panic in his voice when he spoke earlier and politely told him not to worry.

The girl glanced at the man who was standing in front of her- A navy blue cap rested on his head, and a pair of brown shades covered his orbs. He had thrown on a black t-shirt and wore well-fitting jeans. And she saw that the light brown blazer he was wearing, had gotten some of the coffee stains as well.

She observed all of this in a moment. Her job required her to do a quick but detailed assessment of people at a single glance.

"I would suggest doing something about that stain. Unless it's linen, you're screwed." She pointed out.

Surprised, his eyes darted to look at his certain apparel and found the dark patches on it. "I am screwed! Uh... I-I mean, it's not linen!" The boy stupidly replied back.

'What is he, a high schooler?' She hopelessly smiled at him again and proceeded to enter the building before he could say anything else.

"Ah, I really am hopeless..." The boy mentally slapped himself at his stupid remarks, as he watched her go, but he was glad that she didn't yell at him or make him pay for the damages and whatnot. 'Well, she would've made me if she knew who I was.'

But enough with her. He first had to see what to do about his jacket.

"Sara." He called out to his assistant but she gave him a nod saying that she had already contacted the required person and that "help" was on its way.

Relieved and now having the liberty for some alone time with his thoughts, his eyes darted back to the place where the woman he had met was. His gaze remained there for a while before drowning in his phone.

*abababab*

"Thank you, Karen. It's good that I keep spare outfits here, you know because of accidents like this." The girl said as she straightened her grey midi skirt with a black, full-sleeved turtleneck top. She assessed her reflection in the mirror of the bathroom, as her assistant stood behind her, seeing if her boss was missing something.