13 -Waiting

I open my tires eyes to my grey ceiling. As I drag my feet out of bed and to the bathroom, I notice my cabinet handle that has my razors and gaze in it.

No.

I ignore it and do my morning routine. When I talk down the stairs, mom is in the kitchen.

She's usually at work by now.

She's standing there on her phone, with a piece of jellied toast in her other hand.

"Good morning sweetie," she says noticing me.

"Hi mom, what are you doing here? You're usually at work," I say.

"I decided to go in a little later today. I made you breakfast," she smiles.

She-she made me breakfast? And put off going to work? I guess she really is trying to change.

"Thanks," I say.

I sit down at the table with a plate of scrambled eggs and toast in front of me. I pick up my fork and take a bite, savoring the taste.

It's been so long.

I continue to dig into my food, when Jacob comes down. He's dressed in his pajamas.
He must notice my confused look.

"I don't have school today," He says.

I nod, noticing the other plate of food on the table. He also sits down, but I finish with my eggs and move on to toast. I check the time and realize it's 7:30.

Shit, I need to get going.

I shove the toast in my mouth and rush up the stairs to get my bag. As I walk out the door Jacob and mom call to me.

"Have a good day Jamie!" They say in unison.

"You too!" I yell back, closing the door.

I walk down the driveway to, surprisingly, see Bella waiting for me.

"Hey, I didn't think you would be at school today?" I say.

"Me neither, but I didn't want you to be alone on a day back to torture," she says giggling.

I'm glad she's here, and okay.

"What happened last night? Where are you staying?" I ask.

"I'm staying at the police station until I find a place to stay for a bit," she starts.

Bella continues on to tell me about last night.

Wow. Her parents really are assholes.

"That's horrible, but good that they're locked up, kinda. I'll have to talk to my mom about you staying with us," I say.

Shit, I was supposed to talk to her this morning.

"It's alright," she says.

We reach the school and head to our lockers, like usual.

"Hey Jamie," Daniel says to me, catching my attention.

"O-oh hey, Daniel," I say nervously.

Bella looks at me confused, but pretends not to listen to the conversation.

"Did you give any thought to my question last night?" He asks smirking.

"I-uh, kinda. I'll have an answer by the end of the day though. It's just, a lot of stuff happened last night," I explain.

"It's alright Jamie, I'll be waiting," He smirks, walking away.

I turn back to a smiling Bella.