Chapter 4: Rumble

The next morning I woke up curled into Dally's side. I smiled up at him,"I could get use to this," he said.
       "What?" I asked.
            "Waking up with you," he smiled down at me.
        "You sound so soft, but me too," I smiled.
        I got up and changed into clean clothes and threw Dally a pair of Jeans to slide on,"my boxers not good enough for you?" Dally smirked.
      "I like you better with jeans. You look tough," I laughed.
         "Dally always looks tough," a male voice said from the doorway.
        "Tim Shepherd, what're you doing here?" Dally asked.
        "Came to show you this. I was surprised there wasn't a 'wanted dead or alive' under your name," Tim smiled handing Dally the newspaper.
       "Well, me too," Dally laughed.
      "Who's the girl?" Tim asked.
        "Tim meet my girl, Ryan. Ryan, Tim Shepherd," Dally introduced us.
      "Hows it going?" Tim asked holding his hand out for a handshake.
      "Not to bad," I said shaking his hand.
       "What's a babe like you doing with a bum like him?" He joked.
     "Its the sex," I cracked, we all laughed.
         "Did you hear about the rumble?" Tim asked Dally.
       "No," Dally answered.
         "It's tonight. Everyone is gonna be there. To bad Dallas Winston won't," Tim said.
        "I'm hoping to be," Dally said.
       "You'd let him fight?" Tim asked me.
       "Even if I tried to stop him he'd do it anyway. He's always loved fighting," I smiled.
       "You got yourself a real good girl, Dally. Don't mess it up, she's  one of a kind. I'll see you both around. It was good to meet you, Ryan," Tim said and left.
       A little later Two-bit and Ponyboy showered up,"how's he? How's Johnny, man?" Dally asked.
         "He ain't looking good," Two-bit answered.
     "No," I said covering my mouth.
       "Hear about the rumble?" Two-bit asked.
      "Yeah, Tim Shepherd showed up rubbing it in. We have to win tonight, for Johnny!" Dally said. After some small talk Ponyboy and Two-bit left to go back to Ponyboy's house.
              After they left I crawled on the bed with Dally and put my head on his chest. He looked down at me and I looked up. He crashed his lips to mine in a very aggressive make-out session right at the hospital with no care in the world. After a long while of that I talked the nurse into letting me and Dally walk around the hospital, so he put on his boots and jacket and we snuck out.  Dally runs to the lot for the rumble and I walked to the Curtis house to get ready for clean up.