Chapter 18 "Billionaire"

Finally getting cars moved, Antonio is on his way to Med with Hank driving and the rest of Intelligence behind them.

~~~~~

Hank drops off Antonio up by the doors.
He goes running inside up to Maggie, "Maggie, where's Shaylynn?" he asks her in a panicked tone.
"She's been in surgery for the last thirty minutes," she tells him.
Antonio gets a worried look on his face and runs over to the elevator.
Waiting for it to arrive, he gets impatient and runs off to the stairs.

Making it to the surgical floor, Antonio hurries over to the nurse's desk, "Can I help you?" the nurse asks.
"I'm Antonio Dawson, Shaylynn's my wife. Can you give me any news about her?" he asks.
"I'm sorry, I don't have any news to give," the nurse tells him.
"Dad," he suddenly hears from behind him.
He turns around to see Lexi, Ava, and Diego standing there, walking over he hugs them, "What are you guys doing here?" he asks.
"We were called to come," Lexi tells him looking pale.
"Lexi, are you okay?" Antonio asks her as she starts going down with Antonio catching her, "Nurse!" he yells.
The nurse hurries around from the desk and quickly goes and gets a wheelchair.
Making her way back, she hurries over and Antonio puts Lexi into the wheelchair.
The nurse quickly pushes Lexi back to a room.

Thirty minutes later after Dr. Rhodes has been in to check on Lexi, he walks back into the room, "Going over all your tests, you're going to need a heart transplant sooner rather than later," he tells them.
Antonio gives him a confused look, "What does that mean?" he asks Dr. Rhodes.
"Lexi's heart is failing at a very rapid pace," Dr. Rhodes tells him, "The sooner a transplant can happen the better."
Just them Dr. Lathem comes walking into the room, "Dr. Rhodes, may I talk with you?" he asks.
"Sure," Dr. Rhodes tells Dr. Lathem, "Excuse me," he says to Antonio.
Antonio watches as Dr. Rhodes walks out of the room, then looks back over at Lexi in the bed.
A few minutes later Dr. Rhodes walks back in with a solemn look on his face, "Antonio, there's something I need to talk to you about. Can we step outside, please."
Antonio nods at Dr. Rhodes then looks at Ava and Diego, "I'll be right back," he tells him.
He turns around and walks out the door meeting up with Dr. Rhodes, "What is it?" Antonio asks.
"Shaylynn died during surgery," Dr. Rhodes tells him, Antonio looks at him with a shocked look on his face, "It was her wish if something happened to her that her heart goes to Lexi."
Antonio is in complete shock, "But you don't know if they're a match!" he tells Dr. Rhodes.
Dr. Rhodes shakes his head 'yes', "Shaylynn had herself tested after finding out about Lexi," he tells Antonio.
"But why?" Antonio asks with tears running down his cheeks.
"I guess just in case," Dr. Rhodes tells him, "I know this is very hard on you being told that your wife has just passed away but for Lexi's sake we have to hurry," all Antonio can do is shake his head 'yes', "Are you giving consent to do the transplant for Lexi?" Dr. Rhodes asks.
"Yes!" Antonio tells him, "If it was Shaylynn's wish for her," he stops, "For her heart to go to Lexi, then I'm going to honor that!"
Dr. Rhodes nods, "Then I'll tell everyone and get them all prepped," he tells Antonio before quickly taking off down the hallway.
Antonio feels numb as he walks out to the waiting area.

Once he walks into the waiting area, Hank quickly stands up seeing Antonio is very pale.
Hank makes his way over to him, "Antonio, what is it?" he asks, Antonio looks at Hank with tears in his eyes, "Is it, Lexi?" Hank asks.
Antonio shakes his head 'no', "It's Shaylynn, she passed away," he tells Hank.
Hank can't believe what he's hearing, both he and Antonio quickly sit down, "Dr. Rhodes told me it was her wish that if anything happened to her that Lexi receive her heart."
Hank stares at Antonio and nods as Antonio breaks down crying. He puts his hand on Antonio's shoulder as the rest of Intelligence rushes over to them after hearing everything.
Burgess sits behind Antonio and puts her arms around him as Upton does the same to Hank.

The next day, Lexi's waking up and sees Antonio sitting in a chair beside her bed.
"Dad," she says waking him up.
Antonio quickly opens his eyes and looks at her, jumping up out of the chair, "Are you okay?" he asks her.
"I'm having some pain but why?" she asks.
"You had a heart transplant," he tells her.
"Really?" she questions as she looks around, "Where's Shaylynn?" she asks him.
Tears start filling Antonio's eyes, "She's here," he tells her.
Lexi looks at him confused, "Where?" she questions.
Antonio takes his hand and places it over Lexi's heart, "She's right here," he says as he watches Lexi's expression change.
"No, Dad! Say it's not so!" Lexi says as tears start falling, Antonio shakes his head, "Dad, NO! What happened? I just saw her yesterday!"
"She and her guys were after some men and things went terribly wrong," he tells her.
Lexi starts crying uncontrollably which makes Antonio start crying.

Later that day as Lexi rests, Ms. Goodwin asks Antonio to come to her office.
Knocking on the door, Antonio hears Ms. Goodwin tell him to come in.
Opening the door, Antonio walks in to see a man in there with her, "Oh, I'm sorry I thought you said to come to your office at two."
"It's alright and yes I did," Ms. Goodwin tells him motioning for him to come inside, Antonio walks in and shuts the door, "Antonio, this is Mr. Johnson, he's Shaylynn's lawyer," she tells him, "Mr. Johnson, this is Antonio Dawson, Shaylynn's husband."
Mr. Johnson stands up and walks over to Antonio, "Mr. Dawson, I wish I was meeting you under better circumstances," he says.
"So do I," Antonio tells him, "But I don't understand why you're here," he tells Mr. Johnson.
"Shaylynn made it clear that if something was to happen to her she wanted everything done quickly that way you didn't have to worry about anything," he tells Antonio.
"What are you talking about?" Antonio asks.
Mr. Johnson walks over to the table that's in Ms. Goodwin's office with Antonio following him, "Like the house, here's the deed in your name," he tells Antonio sliding a piece of paper across the table to him, "All the bank accounts, CD's, bonds, money market accounts are now in your name," Mr. Johnson says pushing more papers to Antonio when he looks up at him, "Mr. Dawson, you're a billionaire."
Antonio shakes his head, "I could care less about the money! I just want my wife back!" he tells Mr. Johnson.
Ms. Goodwin walks over, "If Shaylynn was here you most likely wouldn't have your daughter," she tells Antonio.
He looks at her, "That's the hard part," he tells her.
"I'm sure you and your family will do something to remember Shaylynn," Ms. Goodwin says putting her hand on Antonio's shoulder.

~~~~~~~

It's been a year.
Antonio and the kids did do something to remember Shaylynn.
They all agreed that since Lexi knew her donor that they would set up a fund for those who wanted to meet each other after a transplant.
With so many transplants taking place across the country, so many people want to meet but can't afford too.

Antonio walks through the grass holding Chase who's holding a rose.
Bending down, Antonio rubs his hand over Shaylynn's name on the headstone.
Chase makes his way off Antonio's knee, toddles over to the headstone and kisses it, "Momma," he says dropping the rose.
Antonio hurries and wipes the tears away from his eyes as Chase is picked up, Antonio looks up, "Come on, Antonio," Gabby says as she rubs him on his shoulder, "Shaylynn wouldn't want you to be sad all the time. She would want you enjoying life!"
Antonio stands up and wipes more tears away as Gabby rubs his back, "I know you're right but it's hard," he tells her, "Shaylynn was the one and I lost her!"
"I know," Gabby says, "But she gave you two gifts. She gave you Chase and she gave you Lexi."
Antonio smiles at his sister as he takes Chase from her.
As they walk away, Chase looks over Antonio's shoulder, "Bye, Momma!" he says waving.
Antonio and Gabby both stop and turn around and look, they both then look at each other, "You don't think?" Gabby asks looking at Antonio.
He smiles, "Anything's possible."

THE END!

I hope everyone enjoyed Diamond In The Rough, Lost In Chicago

~~~~~~~

The character Lexi belongs ChloeOgradyXo