chapter 16

fuck. i never should've kissed her. i didn't kiss chicks, and i sure as hell didn't fucking kiss needy ones. i strode into the kitchen and grabbed the rice out of the cupboard. i didn't think she'd follow me, but the scent of her wet pussy and the sound of her light footsteps ate up my six.

i filled a pot with water and threw it on the stove. her doe-eyed, desperate gaze burned a fucking hole on my back, but i didn't spare her a glance. my dick painfully hard, i grabbed a knife and turned on the broiler. it wasn't until i was cutting shit up i felt the air shift.

"sit your ass down." i barked, not turning around.
i didn't have to look to know she fucking complied.
reaching into the fridge, grabbing a bottle of some sort of premade fruit-blended drink, i held it out behind me. "drink." i ordered.

the weight of the plastic bottle left my hand, and i let go. hearing the twist of the cap as she opened it, i fought a smirk. dominating asshole one-oh-one, reward them when they do what you say. then i ignored her for the next twenty minutes as i made food. i didn't look at her, i didn't give her any tasks, i didn't speak.

i cooked. she watched. i calculated. fucking her would be an epic mistake. she was too goddamn vulnerable. she'll attach herself to me faster than i could give her an orgasm. shoving down the way she instantly gone submissive on me, i turned the burners off on the stove and plated the rice, and the sautéed vegetables and tofu i broiled.

grabbing a couple of forks, i walked around the island and sat, putting the plates down. still sitting on the island, she looked over her shoulder at me. i didn't make eye contact. "get over here and eat." hungry as hell, i took a huge bite.

she hopped down without comment and came to sit by me, but she didn't pick her fork up. she stared at her food. not this shit again. "eat." i ordered.

aspen turns to face me. out of the corner of my eye, i saw her chest rise with a steadying inhale. "answer a question, and i will."

mentally shaking my head, i took another bite. any other woman, i would've told to fuck off. but other women didn't talk to me like she talked to me. my height, my size, my scowl, they either ran the other way or did exactly what she did when i got my hands on her. they submitted. curiosity getting the better of me, i relented. "ask."

"do you like me?"

a bite halfway to my mouth, i froze for a fraction of a second. then i chewed slowly and kept my eyes off her, because it was all part of the game. "you don't strike me as the insecure type." i took another bite, not knowing if i should be disappointed in her lack of confidence, or watching her for whatever game she was trying to play me with.

"this isn't about insecurity." she countered. bullshit. she was wondering why i said what i said. horny as fuck, bored with talking, i dropped my fork and grasped her nape. then i put my eyes on her. she fucking drank me up like she was starving.

deliberately, i picked her fork up, stabbed some tofu and brought it to her lips. lowering my voice, i tested her. "open your mouth." for two heartbeats she stared at me. anticipation surged, wondering if she'll comply, but ultimately hoping she wouldn't.

i bent women. i made them cave to my commands, then i gave them the mind-blowing orgasms they wanted. but it was never a challenge. it hasn't been for years. in fact, i couldn't remember the last time a woman had been a challenge.

that alone should've been a warning. but add in the fact that i wanted this young as fuck, spoiled, too thin, hot mess of a woman to be my own personal fuck toy, and i should've been calling azul to tell him to pull my ass off this assignment. the only smart move was to disengage. but i didn't do it.

i increased the pressure on the back of her neck, i touched the food to her lips, and i actually put fucking effort into my command. stroking her neck, taking the threat out of my tone, i dropped my disinterested expression and let her see how goddamn much i wanted her. "eat the food, aspen."

"no."

deadly serious, she pushed my hand away. "did i pass?"

"pass what?" i dropped her fork and picked up mine, pretending i didn't know exactly what the hell she was talking about.

"your test."

"eating isn't a test, it's a necessity." i briefly scanned her body. "more so in your case."

"i fucking get it, you think i'm too skinny." she picked up her fork and jammed it into a piece of broccoli. "but you still didn't answer my question."

i tipped my chin toward her plate. "eat all of that and i will. she shoved the bite in, then three more in rapid succession. i glanced at her as her cheeks distended like a fucking squirrel's. "swallow."

she choked down the food in her mouth. "you'll like that, wouldn't you."

like she wouldn't believe. "depends."

she did the snort thing. "on what?" she took another bite.

"if you knew what the fuck you were doing before you swallowed." not that i gave a shit.

"fuck you. answer my question."

fighting another smile, i picked up my fork. "i'm not paid to like you." i never let a woman tell me to fuck off before, let alone multiple times. no clue why i was letting it happen now.

incredulous disbelief washed across her face. "were you paid to kiss me?"

"no."

her hands went to her hips. "exactly. you wanted to kiss me."

"just sit the fuck down and eat." my tongue in her mouth had made me soft. i didn't want to kiss shit.

looking almost smug, she sat. "i'm not sitting because you told me to. i'm doing it because i'm hungry and i want to."

right.

"i saw that. i saw that smirk on your face." she took a bite.

"you'll see what i want you to see."

"oh." she laughed through the word. "okay, sure, mr. bakari i can control everything. well, guess what? you can't control me."

i abruptly stood and kicked the stool out behind me. before she even had a chance to fucking blink, i grabbed her around the waist and lifted her skinny ass to the counter. stepping between her legs, i took two handfuls of her thick fucking hair i couldn't keep my hands out of and crashed my mouth over hers.

she didn't gasp, she didn't push me away. she didn't even hesitate. her legs and arms went around me, and she asked for it. "oh my god, more." i shoved my tongue into her mouth like i wanted to, and fucking dominated. every stroke, every flex of my muscles was a goddamn lesson in control.

i controlled her mouth. i controlled her body, and i controlled her desire. i decided what she fucking got from me. if she wanted a piece of me, i topped. period.

my tongue down her throat, both my hands went to the waist of her jeans, and i yanked. hard. the material stretched over her nothing hips as i jerked the jeans and her lace underwear down and off her legs in one pull. "i control you."