chapter 36

my head spun. i was pregnant. pregnant. with this giant, dominating beast of a man's child. and he wanted me to move in with him, and i've never even had my own place.

i should've been freaking the hell out, but his huge body was over me and his hard length was pressing against me, and he smelled so incredibly good that all i could think about was being naked.

his lips landed on my throat then traveled to my ear. "still not answering?"

the sound of his deep voice made gooseflesh race across my heated skin. "what were we talking about?"

"brat." he nipped my neck.

i shivered. then i gave him the only truth i felt safe enough in that moment to give. "i missed you."

"ten days is too damn long. i want inside you."
his mouth crashed over mine, and his tongue plunged in.

then it was as if we've never been apart. gripping my hair, angling my face, and taking what he wanted, he dominated me with his long, drugging kiss. but he didn't just dominate me. his hand slid over my body, gentle and caressing, as if reacquainting himself with every inch he missed.

his chest vibrated with moans that swallowed the distance between us. and he showed me with his body how much he wanted me. i've never felt more like a woman.

i didn't just like this man, and i wasn't merely falling for him. i've already fallen. totally and completely.
his arms on either side of my face, caging me in, his hips pressing into mine, his desire hard against my core, he groaned, but then he pulled back.

staring down at me with hooded eyes swirling with determination, he gave me his deep sexy voice. "you need to decide." his expression darkened. "but know this. you run again? i'm coming after you."

i dared to put my hand against his cheek. "i'm not running."

he didn't pull back from my touch. "you want this?"

i loved how honest he was. how he didn't fear talking about the future, and how he didn't see any obstacles we couldn't overcome. "i want you."

he held perfectly still. "and my kid?"

all at once, it hit me. it's never crossed my mind that i wasn't keeping the baby. not once. overwhelmed, shocked, terrified, i felt it all, but i didn't even consider an alternative. except he didn't know that.

i took his face with both of my hands. "i've never even considered not having your baby."

his shoulders relaxed, his chest rose with a deep breath and the heavy line between his eyes softened as he exhaled his tension. then he said the absolute last thing i ever expected this alpha man to say. quiet and stoic, he gave me his gratitude. "thank you."

the last of my reservations shattered into a million pieces as my heart filled with a joy i didn't know was possible. my eyes welled, and i kissed him.

soft and gentle, my lips against his, i wanted to show him my heart. i wanted to give him a piece of me i've never given to anyone else. i wanted him to know how much he meant to me.

but the second our lips touched, the heat between us exploded. we weren't gentle. or subtle, or reserved. we crashed into each other's lives, and the sexual tension had detonated then like it was detonating now.

dominant and aggressive, he took over the kiss and i let him. his mouth on mine, then on my neck and down my throat, he latched on to my breast. my back arched, and he ripped my underwear down my legs.

his thumb circled my clit, and he sank a finger inside me as i frantically reached for his pants. beyond talking, there were no words between us. i needed him inside me, stretching me, filling me, and he knew exactly how to deliver.

shoving my hand away from his pants, he quickly freed himself and sat up. leaning back on his knees, his finger stroking in and out of my needy core, he stared down at me. "you're so beautiful."

"please." i begged, reaching for his pants again.

"arms above your head." he commanded.

my hips thrusting against his hand, i complied. fingering me, circling my clit with his thumb, he stared at me for a long moment. then he slowly added a second finger. "what's your simple life look like?"

oh my god. his fingers were magic and my eyes fluttered shut.

his hand stilled. "answer the question."

my eyes popped open, and i desperately tried to think. because i knew this man enough to know i wasn't coming until i gave him the words he asked for.

"um–" simple life. what did i want?

"don't think," he ordered, rubbing himself against my inner thigh. "just tell me."

as if my body and my mind were made for his brand of dominance, my thoughts turned into words and spilled out of my mouth. "i want a house on the beach, and i want lots of kids, and i wanna fall asleep in your arms every night. i want our kids to ride horses, and i want to love you like you've never been loved before."

his hard length plunged into my core, and he thrust all the way to the hilt. then his lips were on mine and he was moving. hard and deep, then gentle and shallow, he drove into me, over and over.

desire, soul deep and relentless, built up in layer after escalating layer of need until my body bowed off the bed.

crying out in shock, elation, and pure, mind-altering joy, i came apart. i clenched around his impossibly huge length, and every muscle in his body went rigid. a grunt ripped from his chest, and he filled me with his love.

thank you for reading scandalous ;)