Act I, Chapter 1: A Vanquish to Remember

McDuck Manor, a couple of months later:

[Enter the McDuck family and Launchpad McQuack]

A large and brick-red aircraft, known as the Sunchaser, landed near the McDuck Manor, as a group of adventurers piled out of the vehicle. A group of kids and a trio of adults ventured to the golden doors of the Manor, which glistened afternoon colors. It was turning dusk and it seems as if the adventurers will call it a day. Meanwhile, in the manor's garage(otherwise LP's very own room), Launchpad was testing the engine of the manor's limousine, given a report from Scrooge that whirring noises escaped from the engine itself. Pushing onto the acceleration panel, the noises seem to disappear as Launchpad took a relieving sigh. Suddenly, his phone began to vibrate with the Darkwing Duck theme song as its ringtone.

Launchpad McQuack: [puts his phone onto his ear] Hello?

Drake Mallard, on the phone: Um, is this Launchpad McQuack? Just checking.

Launchpad McQuack: Buddy! It's me, Launchpad! Drake, how have you been doing?

A faint cheer muffled on the other end, as Launchpad identified the voice as Gosalyn Mallard, adoptive daughter of Drake Mallard.

Drake Mallard: Oh, well, me and Gosalyn are watching a late-night hockey game live on television. Just having an enjoyable family-bonding moment. You?

Launchpad McQuack: Fixing up a car engine, requested by Mr.McDee himself.

Drake Mallard: Oh. Uh, well, if you're not busy or anything, I was thinking about inviting you over. You know, friend and family bonding time. If you have a busy job schedule to deal with, I can schedule it on your weekends.

Launchpad McQuack: [makes a goofy grin] No need to cancel it today! The engine is actually fixed and I can come over in a crash right now hon—I-I mean, [blushes] heh. [ends the line and rushes over to find Scrooge, who was on the stairs with Mrs. Beakley] Mr.McDee! Mr.McDee! Drake Mallard: he offered me to hang out with him and I was going to say that-

Scrooge McDuck: [raises a single brow] Is the engine fixed?

Launchpad was surprised that the top-hat duck knew what the pilot was about to say and nodded approvingly.

Scrooge McDuck: Yer now on break and ye can hang out with ye friend. If I need ye to do something for me, ye need to come back here.

Launchpad McQuack: [salutes] You can count on me, Mr.McDee!

Scrooge McDuck: Just make sure ye arrive safely and quickly to St.Canard. According to the local news, there has been a rumor of a large crime wave this week, and I'm afraid it will happen tonight.

Launchpad McQuack: Don't worry! It's only at the suburbs that I'm gonna hang out at. [opens the manor door and peeking back into the interior, he salutes one more time and closed the door]
______________________________________________
Mallard(and McQuack)Household

[Enter Drake Mallard and Gosalyn Mallard]

Gosalyn Mallard: [slouches on the couch] Aw nuts, they lost again dad.

Drake Mallard: I know. This is the third time in a row and it just doesn't seem fair! They've trained hard, and I don't know how bad luck punched their victory away! Or...maybe a villain is behind this!

Gosalyn Mallard: [pops a piece of popcorn onto her mouth] Probably what you said, minus the villain part. Or maybe someone in the team is not cooperating at all.