Chapter 14: Wounded Lips and Salted Cheeks

"Stop... Don't say that" and I don't think she realizes the way I mean it.

            "Come on let's get out of here!" I say almost with a growl.  

            "Ella stop you don't have to leave with him. You know you can stay with me" says Harry

            "Ha!You must be out of your damn mind if you think I am letting you anywhere near her again." I half grin and the blood rushing through my veins starts to almost boil at his fresh remark.

            "Who are you to tell me that I can't be near her?!" he snaps at me taking a step forward.

            "Don't push your luck Styles!" I take a step forward and a menacing look.

            "Stop it! The both of you" she begs.

            "I know what you did to her and if you think I'm letting a drunk like you come back into her life."

            "What?" Harry's eyes opened wide and his mouth drop open.

            "You heard me don't you play fucking coy with me. You let her get abused while you were getting drunk with your mates. You think I am going to let you put her down calling her a worthless bitch, how you almost cut her face with a broken bottle" the adrenalines rushes through me as I push and shove him into the middle off the street.

            "Stop!" Ella yelled so loud strangers stop in the middle of their walk.

I forget that Ella is there and I realize that I had said more than I should have.

            "How do you know that?" she is fuming and her eyes are about to burst in tears and her jaw is clenched. "You! You .. you read my diary?!.... How could you? I.."

For fucks sake!

            "Ella... I can explain"

            "Save it! I hate the both of you!"  and she takes off.

            "Ella stop! Where are you going?" Harry speaks and I just lose it.  My fist is connecting with his jaw breaking his lip and he throws a jab at me right cutting my eyebrow open. There is blood on both of  our shirts and I have him pinned under me ready for me to strike his face one more time. Just as my fist about to connect with his face I get off from him pulling him up with me and shoving him back. He stumbles back a few steps cleaning the blood from his bottom lip.

            "You should be lucky I am not the same lad from a couple of months back or you'd be six feet under mate" I walked away before I finished what I had started I see Ella has disappear to the few blocks ahead of me.

ELLA'S POV:

            How could he do this to me? How could he just go through my things? Why not ask me? I am so livid! This was my privacy, my secrets, my darkness, the one that I would have shared with him when I felt it was time to. How dare he talk to Harry that way? He doesn't even know him! I can't stand hearing one more word from each of them. 

            The more I try to fix myself the more I realize I am just a broken frame. I pretend to forget the lies and keep falling for hearts that are just so far away from a heart like mine. The faster I walk the more I find myself running out of fresh air. After walking a few blocks ahead leaving them both behind, I collapse into the sidewalk and I sit welcoming the tears to rush down my face. The loneliness and emptiness my heart feels makes me weaker. All I wanted was to go back to him to tell him how much I needed him how my heart loves him more than anything. But my heart is so insecure it has been living inside the walls it has built around it. It can't afford to be misled, mistreated, or fooled again. I wish more than anything to be with Louis right here right now after all.

            "Ella" his hand touches mine as he sits next to me on the sidewalk but I keep quiet with my head down.

            "I'm sorry. You have every right to be mad at me but I promise I never meant to embarrass you back there. I would never hurt you well at least not on purpose" he says. One of his hands travel next to my face and his fingers push back my loose strands tucking them behind my ear. I can't hide the ways my eyes shut close for a seconds at his soft touch.

            "Should we go home? you need to rest. I'll take the couch tonight" he lets a small smile display in his face but quickly fades when I look up at him quietly and nod.  When I see the blood stains on his eyebrow I don't even question it, I just softly kiss his wound.

            "I did it all for you" he whispers, and my hearts start to feel it beating again for one more time.