Chapter 19: Fit Of Hands

"Sir you have to wait out here please!" shouts one nurse

            " Once we can get her stable we will come get you in the mean time I suggest you get some rest in the waiting area "  one of the paramedics brings me to a halt as the other nurse explains.  My hands run through my hair pulling at the root. I panic at the thoughts of losing her too. The exact same feelings from my past that I have tried for months to drown slowly rise as I see my future lead to the same disaster. Was I fucking cursed? No.

            I sit down as I look around at the other thousands of people in the emergency room. How many others were going through the same thing or worse. Minutes kept passing by and no one came to check in with me with Ella's status. I have none of her health records and I honestly don't  have no one to fucking call or think of immediate family when they ask besides Harry.  There's no fucking way I want to call him he has no right to be here and I doubt he would be of much help unless if it meant to save Ella then I would. It's been hours and I have grown frustrated at every second.

            "Mr. Tomlinson"

            "Yes.. How is she?"

            "She's better now she was very lucky that you found her."

            " When can I see her?"

            "Soon, but I must advise you that we had to some medical procedures in order to save her. We had to insert a tube into her lungs to protect them and another tube down into her stomach to evacuate all the pills she took out. She could be on a ventilator for a few days but for now we are examining what she took from the residue."  

            "Is she going to ?" my biggest fears unraveling.

            "Die?" he cuts me off sharply as we walked down the long haunting white halls as they lead to where her room was.

            "No, she's quite a strong girl but next time a quantity like that or more her body won't be able to resist it" he pauses and his hand grips my shoulder in assurance.

"There won't be a next time" I look at him sternly in the eyes with a promising look
            "Well in that case, once she gets better we will give her some new pills she will have to take to help reverse any other narcotics on her system and we will have to do some more blood work"  he gives me a subtle smile and leaves. 

            I walk slowly towards her my heart breaks as I see her laying there attached to a ventilator. I grip her hand in mine as I push her hair back my lips pressed to her forehead. Tears escaped my eyes rolling quickly down my cheek bone, its cold and I can feel the emptiness in the air. I pull the chair next to her bed I take a look at the shape of our hands and how they sync perfectly into each others.

            " I don't know if you can hear me but the docs say you're getting better. I think so too. I probably sound ridiculous right now talking maybe to myself but I know you're there. Please come back to me I can't see clear no more. I love you. Please fight for us I know you're a feisty the one since the moment I met you. I have to honestly that you are the best thing that has happened to me. Don't let go"  I whisper next to her ear my voice breaks "Please".

            I saw the night change repeatedly I would go do my community service and spend the rest of the time in here.

ELLA'S POV:

            My body hits the floor and the world turns dark all of the sudden. Why can't I see anything? Am I dead? I can hear voices but I can't see any faces. I can feel Louis's lips on my skin, and I want to tell him that I love him too and that I can hear him clearly. When I try to speak I can't, I grow desperate why do I feel so trapped?  I try to move my hands maybe I could touch him I could feel at ease. My body is numbed but my mind is racing at the speed of sound. God this is so infuriating I lose myself trying to wake up that's it I have to try. I can hear Louis's voice " Don't let go, please"

            I'm trying Louis with all my heart.