The Show and Tell

There are a lot of flowers in my room. I cleared out the dead ones.

What will Tessa's bed do with all the flowers?

I met her parents. They came to get her things. I told them I was sorry for their loss. I added that she was a very nice girl and I enjoyed my time with her. It felt like the need of the hour.

The detectives were here again. They talked to the parents. If she seemed different or acted different. They told her she was happy and having fun. Never showed any sign of stress.

After they went, the warden came to me. She asked if I would like to change rooms.

I didn't know that rooms were even available, besides no one would like to share a room with the girl whose previous roommate was murdered.

She told that the others might help but I declined the offer. I am getting a room to stay alone in and that's great for me.

The background sidekick, Detective Locke came again. He said that my alibi checked out and asked if I was doing fine.

"Pretty much, have a buckload of homework and people come and go and some cry."

"What do you then?"

"Talk to them, that's the human thing to do."

"Have you heard something that might be of use?"

"That depends on how much you already know."

"I can't share the details of an ongoing investigation with you."

"Then how can I?"

"You are a witness and if you withhold information that would be treated as obstruction of Justice."

That was an excellent point. And so I showed him my white board.