38. silver nights

38. REAL LIFE

     "Timothée," Lucy happily greets him upon his arrival at her door.

     "Lucy." He smiles as she moves out of the way enough for him to enter her apartment. "How's your Christmas been?"

     Lucy closes the door behind her and follows behind him. "It's been great! I got this cute kettle from my brother," she excitedly points to her countertop.

    Timothée chuckles at her enthusiasm as he nods in agreement about the quaint, pale yellow kettle. "Very cute," he replies softly as he sets a plastic bag beside it.

"Would you like some tea? I've yet to put the thing to work." Lucy joins his side in her kitchen, attempting to peep in the bag.

    "Actually, since you're already trying to snoop," Timothée says as he digs in the bag to pull out hot cocoa mix and a box of sugar cookies. "How about some hot chocolate instead?"

    Lucy bites her bottom lip from excitement as she bounces on the balls of her feet. "Ugh, my Christmas miracle! I'd love some, I have milk in the fridge." She takes the boxes of cookies from Timothée's hands as he begins to search for the right sized pot. "These are cute."

"Have you never tried them?"

Lucy shakes her head. "I mean I've had sugar cookies before, but not these."

"These bad boys are my favorite from the States. They have different shapes and stuff on them for like every holiday." He opens a bottom cabinet to find her pots and pans. "Ah ha! But yeah, they usually don't sell them here, but my sister got them for me since apparently she found them at a grocery store by her apartment."

      Lucy watches him intently as he sets the pot the counter and looks around for the cookie sheet. She smiles to herself as Timothée continues to tell her about how when he and Pauline would be lazy, they'd make the ready to bake cookies to save time and watch whatever movie was already on.

      "Where am I looking for the cookie sheet?" Timothée interrupts what he was saying as he stands confused.

      "Oh, right." Lucy opens the bottom cabinet she was leaning on and pulls one out. "So what are we doing first, Chef?"

A small grin appears on Timothée's face as he grabs two mugs from Lucy's mug holder and sets them on the counter. "Uhm, preheat the oven first and I'll grab some milk."

Lucy nods as she reads on the box what to preheat the oven to as Timothée gets a carton from her fridge. They work in pleasant silence as Timothée makes the hot chocolate, while Lucy prepares the cookies to be baked.

Lucy sets the timer for ten minutes once she places the cookies in the oven. "So, do you usually spend the holidays here then? Or New York?"

Timothée swirls the milk heating on the stove as he shies from eye contact. "Typically New York, but my sister suggested we spend it here this year."

     Lucy nods as she sits on her counter. "So which have you liked more? Paris or New York?"

Timothée pouts his lips a little as he thinks. "I like both. Paris is a change of pace in a way since we get to see my dad's side of the family more." He slowly looks up at Lucy as he gives her a small smile, choosing his words carefully. "You're here too, so that's an added bonus."

"Okay, cheeseball." Lucy playfully rolls her eyes at his sweet talk as she releases a breathy laugh to hide her flustered state. She watches Timothée as he chuckles at her response. How could he just say something like that so nonchalantly? She thought as he went back to stirring the milk seemingly unfazed.

Little was Lucy aware that his chest was currently pounding like crazy under his hoodie. He began to question whether or not he should have said that aloud to her, especially once silence fell amongst them.

- x -

      The duo were sprawled on Lucy's couch, both on their second cups of hot cocoa and halfway through whatever Netflix Christmas movie they were enjoying making fun of. Lucy untangles her legs from Timothée's as she tells him a quick be back in a second. Timothée nods as he watches her walk towards her room. The boy quickly adjusts himself as he reaches into his hoodie pocket to feel for the small, wrapped box.

      Lucy quickly returns with her arms behind her back as sits back on the couch facing Timothée. "Okay, so I know we didn't discuss getting each other's gifts but I saw these one day and just had to when I thought of you." She sets a small Christmas gift bag on her lap.

     "Oh?" Timothée raises a brow as he shifts his body to face her as well. "I guess our minds were on the same track because I got you something too," he says as he takes out his gift for her.

     Lucy bites her lip as they exchange their presents. "You can open yours first."

     He nods as he smiles from her excitement. Timothée reaches in the bag as he pulls out a couple pairs of socks and laughs. "You saw weed socks and thought of me?"

     "Aren't they adorable?" Lucy grins. "And the alien ones, I have a matching pair!" She says as she excitedly stretches out her legs to pulls her at the pajama pants to show him.

Timothée felt his cheeks warm; he couldn't conceal his affection as her cheeriness radiates off her. "You're the cutest. Thank you," he says in a soft voice. "Now you're turn."

     "Right, right. Did you wrap this yourself?" She asks as she slowly tears the wrapping paper.

     He shakes his head. "They had a gift wrap option."  To which Lucy releases an airy laugh as she opens the box and removed the tissue paper to show a cute dog keychain. A tag clipped to it that read 'Sorry it's not a real puppy, but I hope he's close enough :)'.

     Lucy bites her bottom lip as she looks up at him. "Your handwriting sucks." This time it's Timothée's turn to roll his eyes. Lucy laughs as she leans over to hug his waist tightly. "Thank you, Tian. He's adorable and I'm naming him Baozi."

     "What does that mean?" He asks as he leans back on the couch so Lucy's laying beside him as he wraps his arms around her shoulders.

     "Steamed bun." Timothée's confused expression makes her chuckle when he furrows his eyebrows. "I'll have you try black steamed bun one day. It's the same as regular ones, but cooler looking to be honest."

      "I'll hold you to that."

"I don't doubt you will," she replies into his chest as she slowly closes her eyes.

- x -

38. INSTAGRAM

lucyang posted on their story!

————

lets pretend that pic is Timothée okay so
anyways whaddup i swear i tried getting this up before or even on Christmas but haven't had the,, motivation or time to write but alas I finally have my return