Chapter 1: Meeting Rainbow

Alright, almost time... I say to myself.  I am currently trying to intercept a cargo ship, hoping to find who is supplying the White Masks.  *BIG BOAT HORN NOISE*  Ah.  There is.  I flip up my gun sight, so I can aim and fire if I need to.  *HELICOPTER NOISE*  What the hell?  Who are they?  I aim my gun to them, and I see a Medic, a girl with a FAMAS, a guy with a blowtorch,  and some girl with a beanie.  Once they go in, I hear shouting, shooting, and then the power goes out. 
"Oh, shit!" I shout as I run over to the building, tossing a Incendiary Grendade towards the masks.  I go over and cover them. 
"Who the hell are you?"  Says the blowtorch guy.
"I'm the man thats gonna get you out of here!  C'mon!" I shout as I toss another Incendiary grenade towards them.
"But wait!  We need to interogate them!"  Says the one with the FAMAS.
"This place is rigged to blow!  Get out or DIE!"  I shout as I hear a White Mask shouting
"BLOW IT!" Shouts the Mask.  I push the group of people.
"RUN!"  I shout as everyone starts running out of the building.  I hear multiple huge BANGS as the roof collapses.  The girl with the FAMAS and I am just realizing she has a mask trips, while everyone else is out. 
"God dammit!"  I shout as I run back in there for her.  I find her, pick her up and hug her to my chest, running as fast as I can to the exit.  I jump just as the whole thing explodes behind me.
"*Cough Cough*  Ouch.  My leg hurts.  What happened?"  She says, looking at me then her friends.
"Uh, well, we tried to kill the White Masks, but the roof and walls exploded, and Red here saved your life."  The man with the blowtorch says, while pointing at the building then at me.  I wave at her, while realizing I got shot in the shoulder, too. 
"Hey, uh, I'm Inferno.  Next time, scout the area first.  Find explosives along with enemies.  If you just rush in, somethings gonna go wrong.  I should know."  I tell everyone.  They all nod, then the Medic speaks up. 
"Thank you for the advice.  My name is Gustave, I am Team Rainbow's medic.  This is Dokkaebi, that is Maverick, and the woman you just saved is-"
"My name is Twitch.  We all work for a organization called Team Rainbow."  The woman named Twitch says.  I nod at all of them.
"Y'know, that was some shooting back there, we could use someone like you on Team Rainbow."  Says the one named Maverick.  I shake my head 'no' in response. "Why not?  Your gadget is unique, and you have amazing skills."
"Because you think that she would let me into the team?  I have a bad temper, y'know.  I will snap at the slightest of insults!  Your boss would never want me on your team."  I skoff and turn away.
"Well, here is Harry's phone number and the base's address, just incase you change your mind."  Says Twitch, handing me a piece of paper.  I look at it, then watch as they leave on a helicopter.  I look back at the piece of paper.  Hm.  I could give it a try.  I like those 'operators' I met.  I start to head the building I was on top of before.  Maybe I will give Harry a call.

HARRY PoV 1700 HOURS:

"Well, I take it the mission was a success, considering you came back with minor injuries.  Well, give the the SITREP!  What happened?"  I ask the operators in front of me.
"Well, sir, when we got there, they knew we were their, so they started shooting at us.  Suddenly, a masked vigilante helped kill them, but not before a Mask blows the roof.  He saved Emmanuelle and we told him that we could use his skillset on the team.  I gave him the address and phone number of this place.  Just to be clear, he was helping us, not the Masks."  Doc says.  I nod, listening close, when my desk phone starts ringing.  I pick it up.
"Hello? Who is this?"  I says as I answer the phone.
"Hello.  Is this the person named Harry?  If so, my name is Inferno, and I would like to join Team Rainbow."  I hear 'Inferno' say to me. 
"Okay, um, I am aware that you have this address, come here and I will interview you, and see if you will fit here."  I say to the caller.

INFERNO PoV:  17:15 HOURS

"I am already here." I say as I hang up the phone.  I hear the loudspeaker from the outside speakers call 'Thatcher' and 'Thermite' to the front enterence.  I see two men, one a Brit and one a 'Murican. 
"Hello, Yankee.  Welcome to Rainbow's base.  Let us show you to Harry's office."  Says the Brit.  I nod my head, then follow them to Harry's office.  I put my bags on the metal detector and step into his office.
(I'm gonna skip this part, because I don't know what to write.  Sorry!)

TIME SKIP: 15 MINUTES

"Alright then, welcome to Team Rainbow.  Oh, before you leave, you will have to room with someone, 'cause we don't have a room ready."  He speaks into his microphone on his desk. "May I have Operator Twitch to my office please?  Thank you."  He says into his microphone, then looks at me.  "You will be rooming with Twitch for the time being, if that isn't a problem.  I understand you saved her life."  He tells me.  I nod my head, when Twitch runs in. 
"Hello, Harry, you called me?  Oh, hey Inferno!"  She says as she walks into the room.  I smile and nod to her.
"Emmanuelle, you will be sharing a room with Inferno here.  Is that okay with you?"  Harry asks her.
"Of course, thats fine.  Grab your bags and follow me."  She says as we both walk out of the room.  As I am walking down the halls, I get weird looks from the other Operators. I try to ignore them, though.  Once we get to the room, I notice it is all clean and organized, with an extra bed and dresser for me.  I unpack my clothes, then take my normal clothes out and go to the bathroom to change.  As I get out, she is giving me a look.
"You know, you don't need to change in the bathroom.  It's okay, I don't care."  She tells me.
"Just trying to respect your privacy, thats all."  I tell her, hanging my combat clothes on a rack.
"Yeah, well, I appreciate that, but you don't need to- what are those?"  She interrupts herself when she sees the forearm gauntlets on my arms.
"Oh, these?  They are hidden blades.  I can perform stealth kills, while punching harder and I can block with my forearms."  I tell her, while also demonstrating how they work.  She seems interested in them, while also scared of them.  "Well," she says, changing the subject, "Since we are gonna be roommates, we might as well talk and see what we have in common.  Like, what is your favorite TV show?"  She asks me.
"Hm, thats a tough one.  Probably Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan.  I just started it a little while ago, but i'm hooked."  I say to her.
"Oh really, me too!  Wanna watch it?  I'm only on the second episode." 
"I am too!" I say to her as we both go to sit on the couch to talk more.  Maybe this roommate thing won't be so bad...
Wow, that was a long first chapter.  Thank you for reading, this is my first book, so please don't hate.  Leave anything I can improve on in the comments, and I will read them.  I will try to get a chapter out every other day or so, but its hard with school and basketball everyday.  Anyway, the next chapter is to develope characters and stuff.  Alright, see you guys in the next chapter!