Chapter 3: Recovery PT. 1

"Ah, what the- where am I?"  I ask to no-one.
"It is okay.  You are in the ER.  Your safe now."  Doc responds, trying to calm me down.
"Ow- What the hell happened?"  I ask. 
"I do not know, as I was not there, but what Twitch tells me,"  He points to Twitch, who is laying on my arm. "You seem to have taken 3 bullets for her, and you also fell and hit your head.  You have a major concussion, an because of your wounds, you will be out of action for 6 weeks.  In that time, you will have physical therapy sessions with me every other day."  Doc tells me as Harry walks in.
"I must say, that was very unselfish of you, to take bullets for a fellow operator." He tells me as he walks into the room.
"I would d-do the same for anyone.  Are the hostages okay?"  I ask in responce.
"The hostages will be okay.  The father and mother are in the hospital, and the kids are living with their grandparents for now.  Anyway, I hear you were put on leave for a bit.  Thats okay, you can still live here.  You just won't be seeing any action for a bit.  Well, thank you for what you did,  I gotta get back to my office."  He says as he leaves the room.  I lie my head back down on my pillow and take steady breaths.  Lifting up my head hurts right now.  I feel weight on my arm being lifted off.
"Mmm.  *yawn*  hm, *gasp* LOGAN YOUR AWAKE!" Twitch shouts before planting a delicate kiss on my lips and hugging me.
"OW!  Yep, nice to see you too, Emmanuelle!  Gripping a bit hard, don't you think?!"  I say, kinda yelling, but it hurts! 
"Emmanuelle had been by your side the whole time you were out.  She never left, in fact, either Mozzie or I had to bring her food."  Doc says.
"How long was I out?" I ask out of curiosity.
"About 5 days dude!"  I hear that familier Austrailian accent enter the room.
"Max!  How's it goin'?"  I ask him.
"Oh yeah, its good.  it'd be better with you around, though." He says to me.  I smile.  At least 3 people care about me, well 4 if you count Harry.
"Well, you can get up and walk around and stuff now, just be carefull.  You can use crutches if you want.  They are here if you need them." Doc tells me as I get up. 
"Alright, thanks Doc!"  I say behind me as I walk out of the room.  I deside that I'm gonna take a shower.  I grab clothes and take a quick shower, and get dressed and get out.  When I get out, I see Twitch sitting on her bed.  "Hey, Emmanuelle, whats up?" I ask her.  She looks up at me.
"Oh, n-nothing.  Hey, did you wanna go shopping with me, I need clothes, and maybe we could get lunch?"  She asks me.  Huh, thats the first time someone has asked me to go out with them.
"I mean, sure!  I'd love to!" I say to her, and her eyes light up. 
"Great!  Lets get ready to go!" She says as she gets her hair done and her shoes on.  I decide to fix up my hair, and after that I put on some combat boots, cargo pants, and a muscle shirt on.  I put a Linkin Park sweatshirt on over it.  (Here is what the sweatshirt looks like:

Once we are ready to go, I jump in my 2019 Chevrolet Silverado, with Twitch in the passenger side

"I like your sweatshirt.  It looks nice." She says, trying to start a conversation.  "Hey, Logan.  I wanted to ask you something." Twitch says to me.
"Yeah? What is it?"  I ask her, while keeping my eyes on the road.
"I like you.  Like, I've liked you ever since you joined Rainbow.  I was wondering-"
"If you would like to go out with me?  Yeah, I feel the same way.  I like you alot, Emmanuelle, why else do you think I saved your life?" I say while cutting her off.  She just looks at me in awe, with her cheeks red  from blushing.
"W-well, d-does th-that mean we are a c-couple now?"  She says, still in awe.
"If you want it to we can be one." I tell her.  "We have arrived."  I tell her, but once she hops out of the truck, she plants another kiss on my lips.
"Thank you.  Now, Lets go shopping!"  She says after breaking the kiss.  I look at down at my credit card.
"Well, i'm gonna be broke after this."  I say before Twitch drags me into the mall.

TIMESKIP: 2 HOURS

As we walk out I see that people are eyeballing me, and I can't blame them.  I am carrying 3-4 bags in each hand, with a girl begging me to go everywhere.  I simply nod and smile to anyone looking at us.  We finally reach the truck, I toss the clothes and stuff in the back.  I also bought some ammo, extra mags, and some more clothes.
"Well, that was fun!  Where should we go for lunch?"  Twitch asks me.  I look at the dashboard clock.  It reads 12:45.
"I don't care, what do you want?"  I ask her, me being the gentleman I am (sometimes).
"Hm, there is a Culver's (I don't know) down the street, if that is okay." She says.
"I could go for some Culvers.  I haven't had that in a while."  I respond, and I drive to the nearest Culver's.  When we pull in the parking lot.  "Let's hope I have enough money left over from out shopping spree, heh."  I joke as we walk through the doors.  "Do you know what you want?  I do."  I ask Twitch.  She takes some more time to look at the menu.  Then she nods her head.
"Alright, I'm ready to order."  She tells me as  we step up to the register. 
"Hello, welcome to Culver's, what would you two like to eat?"  Asks the register operator.
"I'll take a Butterburger with a Large Fry and a Large soda." I say to her as she gives me my soda cup. 
"I would like a Chicken sandwitch with a Large soda and a Large Fry please."  Twitch says to her, and she hands over her cup.  We walk over to the soda dispensor and find a spot to sit.  We get our food, but in the middle of eating, some guy walks in.  Then he starts threatening the register lady.
"Alright, we are gonna do this nice and easy, give me the money, or you get a face full of lead!  YOU HEAR ME!?"  He shouts at her.  I see a P226 Handgun in his hand and a Bowie knife in his belt. 
"Y-yes sir I h-hear you."  She says to him, tears streaming down her face. 
"Emmanuelle, stay here. Please."  I say to Twitch while standing up out of my seat.
"Wait, Logan where are you going?"  She asks me before turning around and seeing what is happening.  She gasps and covers her mouth. "Wait, Logan! Don't! Your already hurt!" I hear her say, but I ignore her.  I limp over to the guy.
"HEY!  What the Hell are you doing?"  I yell at him, startling him.
"Hey man, your not in this! Take one step closer and your brains will be all over the wall."  He tells me, but I step closer to him.  "Hey, HEY! Stand back, I'm warning you!" He yells some more, then points the gun at me.  I swiftly dodge the bullet then punch his hand, knocking the gun out of his hand. He punches my face, but I elbow his nose then trip him to the ground.  He goes to kick me in the balls, but I grab his foot and snap the bone.  He screams, which then two other people with brass knuckles run in.  They go to punch me, but I dodge one, but the other guy punches me in the gut.  I fall to the floor, but Twitch hits one guy to the floor, but gets grabbed by the one I dodged.
"OooOh, what do we have here?"  He says.
"Get your paws off me!"  She says, knocking him into the wall, but the other guy slaps her across the face.   Thats when I snapped.
"HEY!  YEAH, OVER HERE YOU PIECE OF SHIT!  ATTACK ME, NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!" I scream at him. 
"Oh, getting bold I see.  Alright, I will."  He lashes out at me, but I dodge, then I trip him.  The other guy gets up and tries to punch me, but I grab him and body slam him.
" C'MON!  THATS ALL YOU GOT, YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!?"  I scream, which makes him get up and send a barage of punches my way.  A few hit me, but I grab his right hand and I twist.  I hear a loud crack, followed by a scream.  I throw him at the wall, and he slumps to the floor.  The other guy gets up, and punches me in the face.  I look back at him.  "Really, Fuck-face?"  Then I punch him, knocking him out.
"HEY!  DON'T MOVE!  YOU MOVE, YOUR GIRLFRIEND GETS IT!" I hear him shout at me.  I look at the floor, and see a knife on the ground.  I pick it up, and look at it for a second. 
"Alright, let her go, and you won't have a knife in your skull."  I say to him, with no Bluff in my voice. 
"Heh, you can't throw a knife, you don't even know h-"  I cut off his sentence literally, by throwing the knife at his face.  He falls to the ground and lets Twitch go, and she runs to my arms.  I let out a breath, then pay for our food.  We walk out, and drive back to base.
"Jesus Christ (sorry for all you Christian boi's out there) Logan, you really lost your temper back there."  She says to me.  I am still extremely pissed off, though.
"Well, they don't call me Inferno for nothing.  All I can say is no one messes with my girlfriend.  No one."  I say to her.  Then I feel her lie her head on my shoulder.
"Thanks Logan."  I hear her say.  The rest of the day I would've slept, but I needed to talk to Doc first...
Wow, that was a long chapter.  I wanted to to a cliffhanger, but I wanted to keep it in this chapter.  So, in the next chapter I will explore Inferno's PTSD. So that is why he needed to talk to Doc.  Also, I would appreciate any comments to improve my writing and stuff.  Anyway, thank you for reading, and I will see you in the next chapter.