3. lucky guy

the moon cascaded through the open window by their shared bed, the breeze swaying the pearl curtains that attempted to block it. the lights were off in their room, the shine being the only source of brightness.

laying across the bed was jumin, still wearing the clothes he wore to the show minus the jacket. it was obvious that what had occurred was still repeating in his head as if he didn't have a moment of reassurance on his way home.

a crack of light then came through as his wife exited the bathroom. the click of a light switch being turned off interrupting the silence of the moment. followed by the squeaking of the bed as she slowly went on it.

"are you going to change?" kate inquired as she went on her elbows, her head towering over jumin's as he looked up at her. her brunette curls from the night tickling the sides of his face. kate now wore her turtle-shelled colored glasses, the thick frames giving the illusion that her hazel eyes were smaller than they were.

"i will soon." he replied, raising his head to plant a kiss on her lips. a warm sensation filled her chest, her mind flooded with only the idea of being with him in that moment. the girl took his face in the hands and continued the kisses, each one more passionate than the last.

her hands traveled down to the tie around his neck, feverishly untying it. with every of her movements, jumin could feel his heart begin to race faster inside his chest. the emotions he felt all overflowing into a fountain of lust and love. however, he was still surprised how well she was handling the whole situation. if anything, jumin was feeling more embarrassed and ashamed than she was, if she even felt that way.

during their kisses, jumin guided kate's hands to his shirt; motioning her to unbutton it. she did willingly, throwing her leg over jumin to where she straddled him in between her thighs. once the final button was undone, jumin's pale chest was exposed for the two of them to see. a sight that made both him and the girl excited.

the heir raised his right arm, reaching it out towards her brown hair. he took a clump of it in his hands and pressed it against her head, their kisses becoming rougher as she laid on top of him. his left hand played with the strap of her silk pajama top, the thin string testing his patience of whether he should rip it or not.

his wife then broke the kiss, panting heavily as jumin held onto her hair. she then took the hand that was playing with her strap and guided it to her chest, planting his palm on top of her chest.

"look what you've done to me." she pointed, he felt her heart beating rapidly against her chest. the pounding audible as if he were listening to a percussionist concert and all that were playing were the marimbas. a smirk appeared on his lips as he realized it was all his doing.

pushing himself up from the bed, he then situated the girl in his lap. their faces inches away. his arms snaked around her waist as he pulled her into a tight hug, planting kisses on the crook of her neck in a line down, "mine." he vibrated against her skin, creating goosebumps to arise.

the sensual moment caused the girl to close her eyes, arching her neck to allow her husband more access to it. "we need to sleep soon, you have work tomorrow."

"i'll just stay home." jumin spoke against her skin, leaving his mark wherever he could on her upper half, "they shouldn't expect me to come back after being gone for two weeks."

"i know, i know," she opened her eyes, "i don't want you to get in trouble, thats ough." kate watched outside the window, examining the stars that were sparkling in the sky and the blinking lights of planes. she truly wanted him to stay home. moments like the ones she was experiencing now were rare in their marriage, especially with all the impromptu trips he had to go on. additionally, it was evident to her that this only occurring since he did not want to talk about what had occurred with zen.

"i'm not going to get in trouble, i'm their boss." jumin's lips raised from her skin, a hue of blue and purple marks decorated her shoulders. he was lucky that she only stayed home, he wouldn't want others to see her walking around and getting ideas. laying flat against the bed, he then wrapped his arms around her, tugging her into a hug to where she laid against his bare chest. their cheeks pressed together as he was able to whisper in her ear.

"it's decided darling," nibbling on her ear, he sneaked his hand underneath her shirt and rubbed up and down her back, "i'm staying home tomorrow." his warm breath against her skin created a sensation that made her face turn red, she wanted to stay in this position forever.

"how do you know zen?"

"he was in this organization the company worked with, once." jumin explained, turning over in their large bed onto his side, his wife doing the same.

"he seemed to really know you." the girl egged on, her pointer finger pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose, "it just didn't feel right."

"people love to talk about themselves, i pretend to listen." jumin shrugged off his shirt as he spoke, undoing the cuffs and tossing it to the ground, "you know i've always been private about my personal life."

"i know," she pouted, turning to where she laid flat, "i just feel like telling people you're married is different than, i don't know, telling people you're horrible at driving."

jumin then pushed himself up from the bed, giving an exasperated sigh as he undid his belt, "i have to disagree," he mumbled, wrapping his belt around his hand to create a circle in which he stuffed it in their shared dresser, "i don't want anyone to think they have a chance with you." the man went on, undoing his pants and pushing them down his legs. kate continued to lay there on the bed, biting her tongue, keeping her eyes to the ceiling to avoid any unnecessary tears.

"i can't help but feel hurt about this, jumin." she confessed, sitting up in bed to get a clear view of what jumin was doing, "back in uni, you only ever talked about how we wer-"

"that was university. you and i both were overseas, it's not like we'd see them once i graduated." jumin stood in his briefs, his muscles gleaming in the moonlight, tense as ever. it was clear that the tension in this conversation was growing with every reply.

"don't bother getting changed." she muttered, signaling for him to come back to bed, "i don't want to talk about this anymore." the girl then took her glasses off her face, folding them before placing them on her bedside. jumin did as she said, leaving the dresser to go dive under the covers. he raised the comforter out from under his wife, allowing her to come underneath them.

"i have never looked at another woman ever since my eyes locked onto you the second you stepped into the first lecture." jumin disclosed, pulling her close to him to where he was spooning her, his cold touch mixing with her warm one. "you didn't care about my background, nor did you ever talk about it."

"i'm selfish," he went on, interlocking his fingers with hers, "that's why i don't talk about you." confessing the truth was a weight that pounded at his chest to be let out. "you were, and are, the only woman i have courted on my own behalf, and i get jealous knowing that i wasn't yours." the words bursted out of him like a geyser that had been building pressure for several decades now, and there was no way for him to put a cap on it. "i wish i had always known about you, so i never had to worry about any man getting to you before me."

"jumin there never was any besides you." the brunette affirmed, speaking into the pillow she laid her head against.

"that can't be true," his tone sounded disappointed rather than relived, "a woman as polite and punctual as you could never be put to wait this long." the heir felt himself becoming emotional, the tears begging to be let out after for so long. his friends would joke that his tear-ducts were dried out from how rarely he would cry, if he ever did.

"sure there were guys i was interested in," she explained, turning around in his arms to where they became face to face, "but i never had them reciprocated until i met you." her hands then escaped his grasp, moving up to where they cupped his face. her thumbs moving back and forth against his cheeks to wipe away any escaped tears.

"i hope you don't hate me after all that i've told you."

"hate you?" the girl gave out a relieved giggle, "that word has never crossed my mind when i'm with you." her voice dropped to a whispering tone, the words sounded like music to his ears. a music that made one feel comfort, like nothing could go wrong when you were listening to that one song.

however, the meeting of zen was only the beginning of jumin's troubles.