Bling on the Crown

Taylie's POV:

Before the day of an annual pageant for ending poverty, Terry wanted to join it for so long though, but he hated how Melanya was rude by being pushy and she will brag to the whole school that she'll win the pageant. So he came up with an unusual idea on how to cut her longest win streak.
"Aren't you sure that ya gonna dress up as a pageant girl?" I asked.
"Well, yes. I will be dancing as 'Peach Silverlight'!" Terry bragged with enthusiasm. Peach Silverlight was his "feminine" alter ego because sometimes, he cross dressed as her inside the house when we were three and there was a dress up chest nearby.
"Terry, I hate to say this, but you're definitely not going to the pageant wearing a heavy dress! Isn't that called drag? I'm telling Papa!"
"No, please!"
"Too late, no hate!" I snapped back at him, rolling my unamused eyes and ran off. He followed and chased me right after to a garage.
"Papa, Terry's going to dress up as a girl at a pageant. Ain't that called drag?" I questioned to my papa.
"Hon', yes. It's drag, but did ya support that topic, Terry bear?"
"Yeah, with all my heart!" Terry adjusted his skirt. "You know anyone who does this? I need my tips!"
"I'm glad y'ain't afraid to express yo self. I know a close friend who does drag." Papa pulled his phone out, calling his friend.
"Hello?" The friend answered.
"Hi, Riley! I just called you just so I could get ya to teach my son to perform well."
"Oh really, I want to talk to him." Riley replied.
"Hi?" Terry asked, embarrassing me. What the heck have I done?
"Hello, what's your name, sugar?"
"Terry. I need your help! Imma have to put revenge on a girl at our school at a pageant because she was straight up mean to us and her dad fired your friend recently from politics!"
"Okay, sure. I'll come over in a few minutes." The call ended as I buried my hands in my face, with negative thoughts fusing my mind. I can't believe my dad knows drag from a friend. What if Terry ended up gettin' wreck'd by some creep peeps?
*****************************************
Melanya's POV:

On the perfect pageant day, my mom, obviously Mary Sue, took me to a salon where I get my hair and my makeup done. I was drinking my juice and shaking nervously.
But when I had to face the wax, that was the most painful and ridiculous part of being a princess.
"Owwwwww!" I started screaming as my stylist quickly stripped off a piece of wax.
"Relax honey," Mom attempted to calm me down, "It's just that pain is beauty."
"Well I don't care. I want this day to be all about me!" I yelled in her face and shrieked on my final waxes.
Heading out to the competition, Mom registered my name on a contestant list.
"Mom, can I head out to the waiting room?" I asked.
"No, you may not. You'll have to stay with me at all times!"
"Why? My BFFs are already there!" I threw a hissy fit, scaring her off.
"Okay, fine!" I immediately ran away to encounter a ton of my competitors and find my friends, but I bumped over to that familiar and not-so-athletic tomboy named Taylie.
"Melanya?" She asked.
"Get out of my way, I need to find the stage, so scoot, scoot!"
"Where'd you think you're going? Terry's sick today, so you're competing against my sister!"
"Who? What's her name, dummy?"
"I forgot, wait... it's Peach."
I laughed obnoxiously and mocked at Tay's sister. "Who even names their kid Peach? And you forgot her name? How funny! Now move out because the ultimate grand supreme winner's gonna steal that crown!" I brushed off and went my way.
*****************************************
Terry's POV:

I adjusted my wig in the dressing room after I did my makeup. When Taylie went inside, she was like, "Yo, Terry- I mean, Peach. You're not gonna be late for the pageant, aren't you?"
"I understand, Tay. I'll go out as soon as possible."
"Your dress is beautiful, by the way." My sister complimented, looking at my indigo dress.
"Aww, thanks!"
Behind the stage, the announcer called a lot of contestants by age division, both boys and girls, up to the stage. I was the last contestant up there, so when Melanya's name was called up, I made a face at her routine from behind.
"And we will welcome our final contestant number 1000, Peach Silverlight!" The announcer called me up on stage as I did my routine done by Riley. I was smiling nervously at my family, dying on the inside as I finished my routine and got off stage. Taylie was right. Competing as a drag kid might be the worst way to throw revenge at a high competitor after all.
Next up was a bonus outfit of choice routine. After changing from my dress to a skintight cat suit, I watched Melanya perform a Prairina themed routine, dressed up in the exact same tutu dress and dancing with a cheap wand in her hand.
"Thank you, and this is contestant number 364, Melanya Morales!" The audience cheered, exhausting me as the competing went on, until it was my turn again to get on the stage. I brought a toilet prop up there and did my "cat flushing a toilet" routine. Halfway throughout my routine, the song changed to "Talk Dirty to Me" by Poison, and that's how I popped out of the fake toilet and danced wildly. The stage lights blinded the audience and my sister buried her face again. At the end of the song, I threw the toilet prop off the stage, then I stage dived, crashing onto the prop unsuccessfully, receiving a burst of laughter and some tears of humor.
"And that's for our final contestant, Peach Silverlight!" The announcer spoke, "Voting and crowning time will be in 15 minutes!"
A whole while later, I was next to Melanya on the crowning time.
"And the Poverty Prevention Ultimate Grand Supreme winner is..." Drumrolls came in my head as that meanie and I exchanged negative glares.
*****************************************
Taylie's POV: