The Girl Who Cried Wolf

Eve's POV:

   Back to school and resuming for another ugly year from winter break, I made a false announcement with my three fake and trashy friends about my friendship with the Mythical Spirits.
   "Hey, it's the M.E.A.N. Girls. Eve has a really awesome message for you all losers to hear!" Melanya the dumb blonde started to chant annoyingly at lunch.
   "So that other day, I was secretly walking home and became friends with the Mythical Spirits. They all passed by and stared at me with excitement. I know that Prairina and Flamegon are my best friends, and Wereport is so hot! But actually, Charles Gautier is way hotter. Oh my gosh, I know right? That literally made my whole day. I even got to take a selfie at the Rainshine Castle. See?" I lied to the whole grade of my school, forcing them to listen to my attention and showing a photoshopped picture of myself pasted onto a stock image of a castle on my new phone.
"You must've had fun." One of the stupid students fell for my trick.
"What does it look like inside?" Another said, reaching for my phone.
"It's like that Buckingham Palace in London I once visited." I lied again.
"How much did you travel?"
"Who's your favorite mythical spirit?"
"Do you ship Flamerina, Snowblin or Merport?"
Somehow, those obnoxious kids were talking about my lie, believing in it as soon as I stole the spotlight from my dumb friends.
*****************************************
Heather's POV:

   It was pretty obvious that none of what that lying brunette in a little black minidress said was true. A week earlier, while I was going to enter a local singing competition at a mall, I had seen her with her toxic dad, complaining about the Mythical Spirits and her hatred towards them. Eve's dad did literally nothing to stop her negative behavior, even when some people stared at her and told her to stop. As she accidentally dropped a drawing of me and my teammates with defaced marks on the floor to the store, I picked it up and kept it inside my purse as a piece of evidence.
   "Heather, I don't think Eve was being herself." Meredith drew my attention away from Eve.
   "So did you believe in what I was thinking?" I finished chewing my rice.
   "Well, here's the story that you never knew. She was once my best friend in preschool before you. We would do everything together and dress up as spirits. She was the only person I would trust. A year later, she last told me to stay with her outside. But as I fell for her words, I was literally seeing her talk to a mean girl named Melanya, and their rudeness broke my heart."
   "So that's how the M.E.A.N. Girls club started. I'm sorry and you're not alone. I did face bullying my whole life, even if I had some songs put online. Melanya and her squad also picked on me while I transferred in second grade from another country."
"So you're not a citizen of Harverna?"
"I am now. I just hated being called 'Hong Kong' because they never understood the fact that I was born in Beijing."
"Heather, let me tell you. You're never alone. I was from London and I moved here when I was only four years old."
   "Girl, it's your accent that explains everything."
   "Well, true. But I have to go, see you soon!"
   "Okay, see you later!" When Meredith left to do something, I exposed the lie Eve was talking about, showing the drawing as proof, making everyone laugh and think that I was just being a fool.
   "That's not true! I saw you at the mall, talking about how you hate the Mythical Spirits, especially when they're everywhere. If you don't believe me, I have a picture to show it."
   Eve was outraged at the incident, yelling terrible insults that I pretended not to hear. She bursted out crying outside of the school. That was some very good riddance that she deserved. I knew that she will never have a crush on Charles because he's truly mine.
*****************************************
Eve's POV:

   I can't even believe this stupid new student exposed me! She's an immediate loser to me that I had to avoid now that she took over as the redhead loser's new best friend. And plus, her songs on the podcast are so trashy, I would have to agree with Melanya to ban them in the "M.E.A.N. Girls" group. Oh wait, I never was a member of that filthy garbage in the first place. The true reason why we started that clique was so that I could break it later on, dividing alliances between each of the members that joined the club.
   "I hate the Mythical Spirits now! I hate you all! You're not my best friends anymore! How can this Heather girl be mean to me? I freaking hate everyone!" I pulled out my phone, my tears trembling and falling on the screen as I texted Darkbird for help.
*****************************************
Alan's POV: