Chapter Thirty Seven

Reality swirled around them as they apprated back to Diagon Alley, their feet landing on the cobblestone streets. They had decided to arrive in a side alley next to the Inn, seeing as the main streets were bustling with shoppers and tourist. Tom had yet to say anything, but Delilah knew he was still struggling to comprehend what had just transpired between them. Looping her arm through his, they stepped out of the alley only to bump into someone.

"Merlin- oh, hello."

Delilah took a second to get hold of her footing, but she knew that voice. The Scottish accent was recognizable, "hello Aurora." She smiled at Abraxas' girlfriend pleasantly and lightly elbowed Tom in the side. He didn't even appear to notice her before he looked down, he wasn't bother to smile at Aurora, however he gave her a mute nod. Delilah looked at him for a moment as she worried at her lip before turning her attention back to the girl.

"Out shopping?" She gestured to the bags hanging off her arms and Aurora beamed at her. "I was in the city so I thought why not," her eyes trailed to Tom and Delilah's twined arms and raised a slight brow. "I've apparently missed something."

"Oh you have no idea," Delilah said through slightly pursed lips, which were formed into a tense smile. Sighing through her nose, she shook her head and tried to get her wits about her. The day wasn't ruined, not yet anyway. Delilah wasn't properly thinking, so the words left her mouth before she could determine if what she was about to suggest was a good idea. "Would you like to have lunch?"

Aurora shrugged slightly, "why not?"

________________________________

"The Leaky Cauldron? Really? I heard their food was rubbish." Aurora crinkled her nose as they walked through the door and Delilah laughed, though it faltered slightly as she saw Tom distancing himself a bit back. She'd need to talk to him later.

"Don't worry, the Inn always has something to surprise you with."

Aurora raised a brow at her smug smile as she led her through the tables. Her confusion quickly warped into shock as she saw a particular set of platinum blonde curls. "Abraxas?"

His head shot up when he heard her voice, his face lighting up when he laid eyes on his beloved. Abraxas didn't spare a moment as he shot out of his seat and picked Aurora up, spinning her around before kissing her. A grin broke out on both their lips during the kiss and he pulled back, "darling, what are you doing here?"

Brushing stray curls away from his eyes, Aurora took a moment to watch how the blush in his cheeks complemented the light color of his eyes and hair. Shaking her head at her infatuation of him, she poked him in the chest lightly. "What are you doing here? I thought you'd still be in France."

Delilah had to admit it was a bit impressive how Abraxas didn't miss a beat as he came up with a quick reply, the lie dripping off his tongue like honey. She didn't know whether to commend him or feel disconcerted at how good he was at doing such a thing. But really, was she any different?

__________________________________

"He's tired, though that should probably expected," Lolita whispered as she wrapped her arms around herself, leaning in the doorway. Delilah nodded and caught sight of Cain pacing in the background, picking at a loose thread of his jumper. He was the complete definition of a mess.

"Can I speak with him? If that's alright."

Lolita bit at her lip for a moment. Turning to look at her fiancé, she took in the state of him and felt tears prick at her eyes for what felt like the hundredth time. "Cain my love, is it alright if Delilah comes in? She wants to speak with you."