chasing pavements ☽.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

song : chasing pavements by adele

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

third person pov

aidan's apartment

"you know what? i hate you!" aidan yelled at
y/n.

great, another argument turned sour. y/n thought to herself

"you don't think i hate you! i hate you more!" y/n yelled back at him. her heart just breaking even more and more.

"leave y/n."

"no. we can talk this out. like we always do."

"all we do is talk it out! we don't do anything about our problems!" aidan yells. tears are streaming down y/n's face. she can feel her heart pounding as her chest starts to hurt.

"go y/n. we're done. for good." aidan says with no emotion . as if he just pulled off a band-aid. like he didn't care.

"fine aidan. fuck you." she says as she grabs her keys and slams the front door behind her.

♪ I've made up my mind
Don't need to think it over
If I'm wrong I am right
Don't need to look no further
This ain't lust
I know this is love but ♪

she walk down the street. the sky is grey and so is her heart. she didn't think this was how it would end. she thought they would last much longer than they had. maybe til the holidays. even valentine's day. maybe even her next birthday.

♪ If I tell the world
I'll never say enough
Cause it was not said to you
And that's exactly what I need to do
If I'm in love with you ♪

aidan never loved me, she thinks to herself.
she walks down the sidewalk into the park where they both met , feeding ducks.

♪ Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere
Or would it be a waste?
Even If I knew my place should I leave it there? ♪

but aidan. oh, aidan. was in much deeper into the break-up than y/n. once she slammed the door and left his life, for what he thought was for good, he immediately started to sob and fell to the floor.

♪ I'd build myself up
And fly around in circles
Waiting as my heart drops
And my back begins to tingle
Finally could this be it or ♪

as aidan sobbed and sobbed for the next week , missing work as well , his mind kept wandering off to y/n. he loved her. correction. he loves her. and the fact that it was over and done with so fast, is what broke his heart.

♪Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if, it leads nowhere
Or would it be a waste?
Even if I knew my place should I leave it there?
Should I give up,
Or should I just keep on chasing pavements?
Should I just keep on chasing pavements? Or ♪

four months had past. y/n was doing well and even got a promotion at her job. she hadn't found anyone new, but she was fine with that. she loved the happy breeze that came through her door every morning, rather a man.

but this morning, as the sun was shining bright and the birds were chirping from the pervious rainey day the town had, a knock fell upon her door. i wasn't expecting anyone she thought to herself. she walked over to the door and looked through the windows beside it.

aidan.

she opened it, hesitantly. she looked into his eyes once more. her heart fluttered again. she hadn't felt her stomach feel like that in such a long time. she felt the way she felt when she first laid eyes on him. happiness. but that all went away once he opened his mouth.

"hey. i know it's been four months. but do you have the box i had ordered here? i didn't mean to send it here. it's a gift for my new girl-" as he cut himself off.

y/n nodded, as she went back to her marble kitchen and came back to the door with a box.

"thanks y/n." aidan said as he walked off her porch for the last time.

and y/n was finally over him.

E N D

[a/n] : sorry i haven't been updating ! i will update as much as i can , i'm also working on a new book , and school is so so much right now:(

L O V E Y O U A L L
DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT <3