Limelight & Lustfulness

Everyone else was sitting on the couch laughing and carrying away when Henry and Sal returned downstairs. Ash noticed first that Sal was wearing the prosthetic even though he was in a house of people who've seen his face before. Nobody else questioned it.

"Are you okay?" asked Ash. She looked at Henry and then back at Sal. "I'm fine." Sal responded softly.

"I just want to know what "news" you were gonna say earlier." Sal said, sitting down beside Ash. Sal lifted the mask off of his face to look at Ash, showing her that he had been crying less than 30 minutes ago. Ash got the memo and felt bad, but smiled knowing that Henry got to him.

Ash looked over at Sal. "Well.." she began to speak. "You know that dance show your parents were on..? I uh.. I signed up for it. For us." she stuttered out her words but smiled.

Sal was shocked. "You did? You mean like, you want me to go? With you?" Sal began to ask, confused.

"Yeah.." Ash said. She pulled a letter out. "I used your name and the fact that you were Henry and Diane's kid. They needed your birth certificate for proof.. When I sent it to them they said if you can really dance like you and your parents used to be able to.. You'd be guaranteed audition."

Sal smiled under his prosthetic. "I'm really glad you did that.. I just.. Don't know." he said, finishing his sentence short. "I haven't been seen in so long.. I don't know if I can do it."

Ash looked at Sal. "Sal.. I know you can do it. People love you. Don't you ever look at social media? There was just an article out about you the other day. I know you're worried because of your face. But I need you to try and see what other people see. You're amazing. The best dancer I've ever seen!"

Sal cut Ash off. "But I'm not my dad." he said, looking away from her. "I'm not my parents. I'm Sal. I don't know if people want that."

Henry looked over at Sal. "You're right. You're not me, and you're not Diane. You're Sal, and Sal is an amazing dancer who does his own thing, and he's absolutely fantastic at doing just that."

Sal shook his head. "Mhm." he looked over at Ash. "I haven't stepped on a stage in a long time.."

Sal began to reminisce about his competition days. About how much he loved to dance, and loved to compete. About how he felt when he won, and about how he felt like the whole world stopped when he stepped on stage. He felt like nobody else existed when he danced.

Sal looked at Ash. "When do we have to go." he said to her, sighing.

Ash jumped up and hugged him. "3 days from now! I'm so excited!" she jumped up and down and ran outside to her car and drove home.

Sal laughed. "She really just dipped.. She literally dipped." he lifted the prosthetic off of his face and looked at Henry.

"You ready for California, Jersey boy?" Henry asked, joking around with Sal. "You know how to pack for Cali?"

Sal rolled his eyes. "The Jersey boy is absolutely HORRIFIED right now, and no, I don't know how to pack."

Henry laughed at him. "You'll fit in with everyone in Cali, you're too cool for them anyways." Henry grabbed Sal's car keys. "Come on, let's go."

Evelynn watched from a distance, smiling. She walked into her room and closed the door.

Travis and Larry pulled out, Henry going back to his room to grab something. He came back downstairs, seeing Sal on his phone. "What made you say yes?" he asked

Sal looked up from his phone at Henry. "Her. Her face, her attitude, everything about her is what made me say yes. I can't say no to someone that gives me everything I've ever needed in my life." Sal said.