{Ray of Light}

Note: Ray is 20 and Zack is 26.

Rachel sighed as she looked at the clock, it was 1:34 and Zack was still not back from nightly patrols. She knew he had his scythe with him, but she was still worried and his "I'll tell you if I'm dead"  comment didn't help that much.

Ray decided to call him just in case, she made sure he had a phone on him, and so she ran to the phone and dialed the number.

It took a couple of seconds, then the receiver picked up.

"Hi, is this Zack?"

"Nooo, this is Patrrick."

"...."

"Obviously it's me Raaay."

Rachel let out a sigh of relief. Almost immediately by the sound and tone of his voice, Ray realized that Zack was a bit tipsy, actually not a bit, he was full on drunk.

"Zack, are you drunk?"

"Huuuh? Nooo I just fffoound some drinks on those drunk bassstaards."

Ray sighed, she already knew he was and that he was probably gonna be like that for the rest of the night, and that's not long.

"Just hurry back, okay?"

"I'm outside the door allrrready."

Rachel immediately dropped the phone and ran to the door to open it for him.
When she opened the door, Zack looked nearly the same with his blood stained jacket, his dark hair slightly messy, and his duel colored eyes looking straight at her.

Ray pulled him inside and closed the door. With her back to Zack, she was surprised when he hugged her from behind.

"Ray, I missed you."

Ray felt her face heat up, she slowly turned in his arms and tightly hugged him back.

"I missed you, too."

She replied as she put her head into his hoodie, and then she remembered that it had blood on it.
Ray pulled away from him, with a grunt of disproval coming from Zack.

"Zack, take off your clothes."

Zack's eyes widened a little, then he had a devious grin on his face as a thought came to his head.

"Huuh, how bold of you Raayyy. It makes you sound like you want to do the do."

Ray stammered as she was trying to find the words to deny him.
Zack in return, had a smirk on his face as he striped off his hoodie and placed it on a chair.

"I knooww what you meaannt. Calm your tits."

Ray walked away from him to sit on their couch, she had a small pout on her stoic face at Zack's teasing but also she couldn't help it as a small smile crept on her lips. Whenever Zack was drunk he was quite expressive, more than usual, and it was very enjoyable to experience.

Soon Zack followed her to the couch, it seemed that Ray was pretending to be angry with him, and he not so surprisingly believed it.

"Raayyy, I was just messing with you."

He watched as Ray stood up from the couch, she was giving him the silent treatment to see what he would do.

"Ray."

She was about to start walking, when an arm hooked around her waist and pulled her.
Ray ended on top of Zack's lab, straddling him.

Rachel had placed her hands on Zack's shoulders unintentionally, and his hands were placed on her lower back, just above her butt.

"Pleaasee don't be mad at meee, you're my Ray of light."

Ray's face by now, was probably a bright red, she was not expecting that at all.

"God, you're cute. But that was some gross shiitt."

As Zack was talking, Ray moved her hands to gently cup his face. His eyes watched her movements to study what she was doing.

Softly, she pressed her lips to his. Ray slowly moved her mouth against his and it seemed as if Zack was frozen. But when he finally realized what was happening, she pulled away.

"Za-"

Before she could speak, Zack pulled her in for another heated kiss. In between breaths, she managed to get some words out.

"I-I have... t-to tell you..something."

He stopped for a moment, to consider it.

"Then tell me."

"I-"

Once again he kissed her before she could talk.

"What were you gonna say?"

"I-I L-"

Kiss

"Lov-

Kiss

"Love yo-"

With every kiss, Ray could feel her heartbeat in her chest and her face heat up. Zack put his hand in her blonde locks to pull her closer to him. After one more kiss, he placed his forehead on hers.

"I love you too, Ray."

~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~