Half A Heart

So your friend's been telling me
You've been sleeping in my sweater

CAMILA'S POV
"You know she still wears it to bed." Dinah's voice pulls me away from my thoughts. I'd been thinking about Lauren.

I'd gone and tried talking to her. She told me she was fine, but I knew. I knew it was lie.

"What?" I ask. "She still wears that oversized sweater of yours. The one she nabbed from you when you weren't looking." Dinah explained as she looked through my photo album.

And that you can't stop missing me

"She misses you like crazy, you know? Keeps asking how you are, if you're being treated right, and what not." I stare off into space again. Does she really care...?

I'll bet my friend's been telling you
I'm not doing much better

"Mila. Your phone." I shook myself out of my thoughts and heard it ringing. I'd zoned out again.

Phone Convo
Camila-italicised
Normani-bolded

Hello?

Mila?

Yeah Normani?

What did you do to her?

Nothing! I went over to ask her what's wrong and she said she was fine.

Well, she looks awful.

Normani, no offence, but this isn't just her. I'm no better off than her! This is hurting me just as much as it is her!

Obviously not. You seem to be doing more than okay with him

You know what I gotta go.

Mila this isn't-

End phone convo

Cos I'm missing half of me
And being here without you
Is like I'm waking up to

I blink back tears and toss my phone on my bed. My heart's been torn in two. I take a deep breath and sit down, placing my head in my hands.

"Walz?" Dinah's voice sounds distant. "Dinah, I love you, but I need to be alone for right now. Please." She nods in understanding and pats my shoulder before letting herself out.

Why? Why is half of me missing? Why am I not happy with Austin? I...I thought I was.

I climb in bed and draw the covers over me. Maybe I can sleep this off. People go through those phases. Missing their exes. It doesn't necessarily mean anything...right?

LAUREN'S POV
Only half a blue sky
Kinda there but not quite

I finally wake up and roll over. The sun is shining through my window, but it doesn't brighten my day. No...it just doesn't look the same. It's there, but it's off. I can't put my finger on it.

I'm walking round with just one shoe
I'm half a heart without you

I glance at the clock and finally notice the time. "Shit! I'm gonna be late. I scramble around looking for all my stuff. As I'm throwing stuff on, I look for my shoes. "Where the hell is my other shoe?" I think about the last place I saw it. "Oh...." I remember.

I decided to call in sick after that. I don't feel like going into work when all I can do is think about how much I miss her. All because I couldn't find my damn shoe. My world's been cut in half and she took away all my happiness when she left. I collapse back on to my bed and crawl under the covers, fighting back tears. Again.

I'm half a (wo)man at best
With half an arrow in my chest

Nothing about my life feels right without Camila. I literally feel like my heart, my body, everything split in half when she left me.

Hell, I can't even find a pair of shoes without her invading my mind. I'm not okay with it, but I can't stop it. And to be honest, I kind of don't want to.

I miss everything we do
I'm half a heart without you

I miss us. I miss singing in the car. I miss lunch dates. I miss surprising her when she didn't expect to see me. I miss...I miss her. So damn much.

CAMILA'S POV

Forget all we said that night
No it doesn't even matter
Cos we both got split in two

I think back to the night we broke up. To be honest, I barely remember what was said. All I remember was the pain, the yelling, the crying, the fighting...

At this point, what was said isn't important anymore. All that matters is that we both broke that night. Neither of us were the same afterwards.

If you could spare an hour or so
We'll go for lunch down by the river
We could really talk it through

I decide to call her. I want to talk this out. I want my best friend back. The phone rings and rings, but there's no answer.

"Hey it's Lauren. Uh, I can't come to the phone right- Lauren! Lauren come quick! I need help! I can't reach something!

Ok, ok, shut up Camz. I'll be there in a moment.

I can't be here right now. Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get back to you."

I take a deep breath after hearing the familiar voicemail. Who would've though she'd keep that..?

"Hey Lo, it's me. I was wondering, if you'd be willing, if you'd like to have lunch with me sometime this week. Ok, uh, just call me back if you want. We can set up a time and place. Bye..."

LAUREN'S POV

Though I try to get you outta my head
The truth is I got lost without you
And since then I've been waking up to
Only half a blue sky
Kinda there but not quite

I try to shake my thoughts of her. Again. I repeatedly tell myself that I don't need her. I'm okay without her. But that isn't true. I need her. I'm not okay without her. I still love her.

She kept me on the right path. She kept me going. She was all I ever wanted. All I ever needed.

Without you, without you
I'm half a heart without you
Without you, without you
I'm half a heart without you

As I drift off to sleep again. I allow myself a couple more thoughts. "Oh Camz..." I whisper, shedding a few tears. "I miss you so much."

A/N
Hey guys! Long time no write! After getting a couple of requests for a part 2, I decided to go through with it. I'm a little rusty, but I hope you liked part 2 of the Amnesia One Shot, Half A Heart. Let me know if you want a part 3!

-Eric Jones; Peter Pan