Chapter 4

Hero:

She's just standing there, in her drenched white shirt that it so sexily clinging to her skin. I can see the spotted bra she is wearing underneath, and the way she fills it so perfectly. If only she knew what was going through my head right now, the way I want to spend every minute of every day with her, kissing her, talking to her, touching her. But she doesn't. We shared a brief moment before, our eyes locked for what seemed to be an eternity, but when I looked back down at my watch, it had only been ten seconds. What was this strange feeling I am experiencing, it's not only lust, but something more. Something much more, and I just can't seem to put my finger on it.

She is patting down on the water with paper towel that I notice is beginning to be just as drenched as her shirt, so I rush to the kitchen and bring back the whole role.

"Thanks," it's almost a whisper, but we are close enough for me to hear her. I rip of a piece and begin to help her, dabbing over to spots she's missed.

"You don't need to. It's fine," She says, giving me a kindly smile. A smile that says "thank you", rather than "I want you". Dammit.

"Here, let me do it. You go and change your shirt,"

"Thanks heaps," she says, rushing up stairs.

I continue to wipe the floor until it's near dry. When I finally finish I glance around her apartment, noticing several pictures of her family. You can definitely see the resemblance between her and her sister.

"You okay?" Josephine says, breaking me from my trance,

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just-"

"Looking at my things," She cuts me off,

"No, I wasn't being noisy I swear. I was just looking at your pictures," I try and recover myself from my noisiness.

"Hero, calm down, I'm not mad at you," She says, with a smile across her face. Thank god she didn't think I was a sticky beak.

"Come on, lets' finish this speech," She leads the way back to the table.

When we sit down this time, I take the chair right next to her.I instantly notice her body language shift, and she becomes slightly stiff. We have acted out so many intimate scenes together, especially in After We Collided , But that was when we were just Hardin and Tessa. We had an excuse and reason to be kissing each other. And that's what acting is. But now when it's just Hero and Josephine, and there are no cameras around, we know this isn't fiction. So that's why when I am about to do what I am about to do, I don't know what it'll mean. Or how she'll feel. I can see in the corner of my eye ,her leg is barely touching mine, so I slightly move my knee, making skin on skin contact. She doesn't react, rather so she keeps talking and focussing on the page in front of us. So I do it again. But instead of a quick brush of contact, I leave my leg touching hers, letting our skin take in one an others. She still doesn't react, she continues to read over the speech, addressing me with questions I am somehow answering subconsciously. This time, I pull my left hand under the table, and place it on top of her thigh, feeling the smoothness of her skin on my fingertips. She inhales a sharp breath, and to my surprise I feel her relax. She stops talking and draws her eyes to my hand on her leg. Nervousness coats her face, along with lust and desire. I am sure of it. When she pulls her gaze up to mine, I make a bold move and begin to rub my hand along the length of her thigh, stopping at the hem of her shorts. Goosebumps arise on her skin, and she places her right hand on top of mine, moving along with my gentle touch.

"I'm back!" Inanna yells from the front door, and I immediately remove my hand from Josephine's leg, and she hurriedly draws her attention back to the speech we're supposed to be making progress on.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and if you did please vote and comment for the next chapter! xx