sneak peek

Hey guys!!! Thank you so much for your commitment to this Herophine story and comments for asking for the next chapter :) AT THE MOMENT it's not on one of my lists to finish, however, I will be posting another chapter as soon as I can!! But for now I have begun writing another college romance story that's enemies-lovers and would for you guys to check it out below, and also let me know if you like it, and would want to read another chapter. Much appreciated, and I think you'll like it! (hopefully). The two main characters are called Mila and Austin. 

Part one

Mila

My heals are scraping on the gravel floor, little stones flicking up and hitting me on the shins. I can't breathe, it's physically impossible to escape this dirt road when the dust is seething into my lungs. My fingernails are leaving marks in my palms, I can feel it. The pain. The fear. The hurt. Run Mila, just run, run for your fucking life.

"Mila! Wake up, you're going to be late!" My Dad wakes me from my nightmare, and relief floods my bones. I haven't had one of those dreams in years. They come every so often, more so when I'm nervous about something, and I think moving across the state for college is a good enough reason.

"What time is it?"

"It's almost eight. Isn't Lucy picking you up at 9?"

"Yeah she is, but I'm packed so I just need to get dressed," I get out of bed and gather my clothes for the trip. Boston College is only two hours away, but I still feel like I'm moving across the country.

"Mila, did you have another dream?" My Dad was relentless with letting me leave for college, he would've much rather I stay home and go to community school down the road. I know now he was acting this way due to caring for me too much, and partly because he doesn't want to be alone. Loneliness is the worst feeling anyone can carry. You can be in love with someone who leaves you and you feel empty despair, and reminiscent of them. You latch onto isolation, overthinking, and blame yourself for that person's disappearance. That's why they call it heartbreak. So, when my mother left, he had a hole in his heart that was left alone, and now I can't help but think I'm deserting him, leaving him with nothing but loneliness.

"Dad let's not talk about this when I'm about to leave you here. I'm already feeling bad enough and I don't want you worrying more than you already are," I squeeze his shoulders and give him a tight hug, relishing his comfort and effort to put on a brave face.

"I don't want you worrying about me, Mila. I'm a grown man and can take care of myself just fine. You're about to begin your life, you shouldn't be worrying about anyone else until you have kids of your own." It pains me to say it, but he's right. I should be going to parties, having sex and falling in love. Oh, and of course studying. He leaves my room and I continue to get ready, well by ready I mean throwing my hair into a messy bun and chucking on a tracksuit.

"Get your skinny arse out here!" Lucy arrives an hour later and honks from her drivers' seat. God, this why Dad would rather me find another best friend, who preferably doesn't use the word arse when calling me. Dad and I walk to her tiny, girly and oh so pink car and shove my suitcases into the boot. Lucy steps out and clings her arms around me in a tight embrace to the extent of her almost squeezing the life out of me.

"So, Mimi, are you ready to get drunk and party are sexy butts off?"

I can't help but laugh at her fairly comfortable personality around my father, I mean she is my childhood best friend, so he doesn't have a choice but to accept her.

"Yes, Lucy. You should know by now that the only reason I'm going to college is for the boys, booze and expensive dormitory bills," I roll my eyes in sarcasm, and she laughs it off.