Chapter 6

Hero:

We just arrived at the PCAs and the cameras are over whelming. That sounds ridiculous coming from me since I am constantly in front of the cameras, but it's true. For once in my life I just wish there was no cameras or prying eyes that are on Josephine and I. If only I could grab her hand and claim her as mine. Claim her as mine to the million of guys checking her out in the past 2 minutes alone. I'm still not over the red dress she's wearing. And the way she is wearing red lip stick. Fuck. This girl will be the death of me. She can't know that though. 

After having our photo taken at least 100 times on the red carpet, me and the rest of the cast follow the trail to the auditorium. There are at least 5 thousand tables surrounding the centre stage. Each table with 4 seats. Fuck I hope Josephine and I are at the same table. But just my luck, there shows me, Shane, Pia and Inanna at one table, and Josephine, Anna, Sam and Dylan at the other. I take my seat, facing opposite Josephine on the other table.  As she takes her seat she giggles at something Sam said, which I assume was funny. I don't know why, but this bugs the living fuck out of me. I can't help but role my eyes at Sam's attempt to sweep Josephine into his bed. 

"What's the matter?" Shane asks

"What do you mean?" He must've caught my act of jealously, fucking hell.

"I thought I saw you have a Hardin moment," Shane says, which is also a lame attempt at a joke.

"Nothing's wrong, just want to get this over and done with, I've barely been back for 3 days,"

Shane gives me an understanding look and refocuses his attention back to the stage as the awards begin. I however refocus my attention back onto Josephine, and at my glance I catch Sam whispering in her ear. She seems indulged in his words, as she doesn't seem to retract from their intimate body language. If I were an outsider I would certainly think they were dating by the way she is laughing and giggling at whatever he is telling her. Am I an outsider?  Josephine picks up her champagne glass and takes a sip, as the glass meets her lips, we lock eyes. She crinkles her eyebrows in question as for why I am staring. I don't respond to her questioning  gesture, I  continue to analyse her with my stare, trying to understand what she is thinking. But she doesn't give anything away, rather so she breaks our eye contact and picks up Sam's hand. She then begins to play with the rings on his fingers, every 2 seconds looking up at me to make sure I am still giving her the satisfaction of my jealously. Because I know that's what she's doing, trying to make me jealous. But she clearly wasn't taught that it  takes two to play this game. I tap Inanna on the shoulder, who is sitting to my right, and I signal her to come closer. I know this will get to Josephine more than she could ever get to me. She would never admit it, but I still remember the look on her face when I came to her house with Inanna. It read jealously and disappointment all in one. Inanna leans in and I slowly whisper in her ear, seduction coating my eyes. I only ask what time this stupid event finishes and how I would rather be plucking my arm hairs out than have to sit through one more hour, and at that Inanna laughs and twirls her hair in her fingers. Mission accomplished. I see Josephine's face flair a bright red, indicating her embarrassment, anger and jealously of what she only wishes I was doing to her...I think. She drops Sam's hand and finishes her glass of champagne. Hero:2, Josephine: 0. 

After a dreadful 3 hours of awards and speeches, which thankfully included After winning best Drama Movie of 2019, it has finally fucking finished. I should be screaming from the rooftops and ready to party my ass off. But I'm not, I just want to get the fuck out of here and get a drink, an alcoholic drink preferably. I don't know why, but our coordinator organised 4 different rides back to Anna's, so with a little persuasion on my behalf I convinced Josephine to ride back with me, rather than Anna since they are practically joined at the hip. I could see the jealousy in Sam's eyes as me and Jo crossed the road to our driver, me feeling like I'm getting better and better at winning over this girl's heart. Josephine's heart. 

As we climb into the back seat, she scoots over to the far right, and I take the middle seat, leaving our legs flushed against each other. I close the window that separates us from the driver, and give Josephine a grin. A knowing grin. 

"What are you doing?" she asks,

"Nothing. I just thought you would want a little a privacy," I respond.

"Privacy? What for?"

"You know exactly what for," I respond giving her a cheeky grin. 

"Hero, don't get ahead of yourself. If you think I am going to fuck you in the back seat of a car you've got another thing coming,"

"Uhhh wow. That is not what I meant," I think I am going to win again. I didn't plan on doing anything with her, just teasing her the slightest to think I'm not easy. Not that I am easy. But I am afraid I'll be way too easy with her, she's got something over me. And fuck I can't stop staring at her mouth with that red lipstick smothered all over their plumpness. 

"Well what do you mean then, Hero?" She responds mockingly, 

"I mean I can see your sister calling you on your phone and thought you would want some privacy from the driver," I say. She looks down and reads Katherine  spread across her phone, she looks back up at me embarrassed by the fact that she just accused me of wanting to do sexual things with her. She roles her eyes and answers the phone. 

Hey guys, I'm back!! So sorry for the delay, but I promise to write the next chapter VERY soon. Sorry if this chapter was a little boring, but VERY soon it will be 🔥. Please let me know your thoughts, and rate this chapter. xx

Comment if you're interested in reading Josephine's chapter next. xx