chapter 8

Melinda and Chaz rented a house together in a nice suburban neighborhood. They didn't know any of the neighbors yet, but hopefully they would make some new friends together once they would get married. It was nice to know though their friends lived close together, but Drew and Charlotte had plans to move out of the country when their child would be born, but everyone wanted to meet the new baby. They were now in the hospital together, Stu with Didi, Chaz with Melinda, Howard and Betty weren't there as they were on their own honeymoon, and Drew was inside the emergency room with Charlotte.

"I can't believe this, this is so exciting, I'm gonna be an uncle." Stu was the most excited about this more than the others.

"How do you feel, Stuart?" Melinda asked.

"Well, you know, very excited, I never been an uncle before." Stu was literally on the edge of his seat.

"It was a lovely wedding too, even if Charlotte had a conference to attend to in Japan the day after and was nearly a runaway bride." Didi agreed.

"Is it indeed going to be a girl?" Chaz asked.

"That's what the doctors and Drew said," Didi answered. "I even got these cookies for the occasion." she showed cookies that were pink and in the shape of the female symbol. "Anyone want some?"

Everyone happily took some to snack on while they would wait. Stu was like a little kid and really wanted to meet the baby. This day was taking too long, he was eager to meet his future niece or nephew. He kept looking at the clock waiting for it to change hands and looked at the door for Charlotte to come out with Drew and their new baby.

"How long does it take to have a baby anyway?" Stu sighed.

"Stu, be patient." Didi giggled.

"Has Drew settled on names?" Chaz asked his best friend since early childhood.

"I suggested Trixie after our mother, but Drew thinks Angelica would suit better," Stu answered. "He said any daughter of his would be the perfect little angel, so Angelica Pickles."

"It has a nice ring to it," Didi smiled, then held Stu's hand. "If we have a daughter, Stu, we can name her Trixie if you want."

Stu smiled fondly at her. "Thanks... I love you, but there's no love like the love from your own mother."

Melinda smiled at them and looked at the emergency room door too. She was also eager to meet the new baby. She had no siblings or cousins to fondle over, so this would be a good chance for her to meet a baby up close too. She was a bit more mature with waiting though than Stu however.

Finally, the doors broke open and Charlotte had her baby in her arms, being pushed in a wheelchair. She was on the telephone with her assistant while Drew helped her out and finally, the baby was born. It was indeed a girl and wrapped in a blanket while Charlotte's other hand had her phone to her ear. She was actually going to take the day off today and come right back to the office the very next day.

"Hello, baby, it's nice to finally meet you." Melinda smiled, looking at baby Angelica.

The baby blonde girl nearly smiled and lifted her tiny arm to touch Melinda's face.

"I think she likes you." Chaz smiled.

Drew smiled too. "My little Angelica..." he sniffled, nearly crying that he had a baby girl all his own. "My little princess..."

Angelica cooed quietly at her new daddy.

"Angelica, meet your Uncle Stu and Aunt Didi." Drew showed the baby to his younger brother.

Melinda smiled once she had met Angelica. She sighed happily, hoping someday she would have a baby. Chaz smiled back at her and wrapped an arm around her. He hoped that they could have a baby too.