Chapter 4

Groaning, I opened my eyes to see everyone looking at me with mixed emotions. Looking down I hugged myself, guilt clawing at my stomach and heart.

"Name," startled, I look up to see an angry Mitch, sword in hand and pointed at me, " I said name!!" Whimpering, I hugged myself tighter, snow and ice forming around me and it didn't help that my head hurt from all the negative energy in the room.

"Mitch that's enough! Back off!" Seto said, pulling him away from me, "she's terrified enough as is! Besides, all the negative energy in the room is giving me a headache," he looked at me as he said this and I nodded in agreement. 

Mitch growled and sat next to Jerome. Bowing my head I began to cry, snowflakes falling from my eyes.

"I-I'm sorry…!" I say, speaking for the first time since I got here, "I-I never m-ment to hurt anyone… I l-lost control of my m-magic… it was an a-accident…" Seto knelt in front of me as I pulled his cloak further around me.

"It's alright. We know you didn't mean to hurt anyone and that's all that matters," he told me, putting a hand on my shoulder, "you hungry? I made you some stew if you want it."

Nodding I took the bowl and slowly began to eat the stew. Knowing that they wouldn't be satisfied until I had finished my bowl I pushed through the pain in my stomach after my tenth bite.

"How long has it been since you last ate?" Looking up I saw it was Ty who had spoken from where Quinten was treating his burns. Looking down at my now empty bowl I decided that I needed to answer their questions. 

"A-about a month…?" I muttered, "I don't know exactly…"

"Figures, you appeared to be in pain after your tenth bite," Quinten said, "what about your name?"

"Frost…" I answer, "My n-name is Frost." Nodding Seto looks down at me.

"Where are your parents if you don't mind me asking?" He asked politely. 

"M-my parents..?" I asked only to get a nod in response, "my mother died during a squid attack when I was four…"

"What about your father?" Ian asked. I just shook my head.

"Never really knew him…" I said, "I was too young to remember too much about him… but I remember that he would visit every couple months on the date of my birthday only to stop four months before my fourth birthday…" Gripping my pendant I started to panic when I realized that I didn't have my father's guitar. Frost began to form on the table where my hand lay, "m-my guitar! W-where's my guitar?!"

"Hey calm down, Frost," Seto said summoning the guitar to him in a purple mist, "Here." Taking the guitar from him I check it over to make sure it didn't have any scratches and tuned it.

"You play?" Ian asked me curiously. Nodding, I continue to tune and check it over. When I was satisfied I held it close and looked up at them.

"D-do you have anymore questions?" I ask. Ty nodded and spoke up.

"How old are you?" he asked me. Having to think about it for a minute I scrunch up my brow.

"I think… I'll be 17 in about a week? If I remember correctly, the attack will have been 13 years ago on my birthday. Heh… funny how life works," I tell them. Frowning I look down to see snow gathered in my lap. Closing my eyes I look up hearing gasps. Sighing I hug myself tightly.

"Your tears… their made of snowflakes?" Ty asked as he came closer to me. Whimpering slightly I nod. They all look at me in wonder. 

"I've lived a long time but I have never seen anything like that." Seto stated. Quinten came over to me and began to poke and prod at me asking me simple questions to do with my health. He continued to do this for a bit until finally standing up straight and looking me in my eyes.