Chapter Four

In the early hours of the morning, before the sun had even a chance to fully rise into the sky, (Name) was startled awake by Lucy and Gael's excited shouting; Their soprano easily woke mostly everyone up.

(Name) groaned, turning to burrow her face into her pillow. "Can't this wait until the sun is more than two minutes over the horizon." Her pillow chuckled beneath her, the fabric shifting with each laugh. Startled, (Name) rose her head, her nose inches away from Caspian's chin.

"Good morning, love." (Name) stuttered at the closeness. Blushing profusely, she expertly rolled away from him, allowing herself to sit up properly to see what was the matter — and to escape further embarrassment.

"Look!" Gael pointed into the sky. "It's the Blue Star! Everybody, wake up!" The group slowly stirred, looking to the heavens to gaze upon the bright blue of their guide.

~~~

Days had passed, and with only limited resources, the crew had become restless. Their stomachs growled louder with each passing moment, and the tension grew stronger. The ship had resorted to physical manpower, due to the winds coming to a near halt. Drinian had even claimed that something didn't want them to get to Ramandu's Island.

(Name) was standing near the helm, a deep line found its way between her brows as she watched her brother flying awkwardly. He had yet to fully grasp mobility of his large form, and every accidental tip made (Name) cringe with worry.

"If I get any hungier, I'm gonna eat that dragon!" A man down on the lower deck shouted. Eustace grew disturbed, nearly throwing Reepicheep off of his muzzle in the process of flying out of sight.

Drinian walked up the stairs, looking to Caspian with a light-hearted glare. "If we don't find land by tonight, they may well eat that—"

The ship lurched forward, everyone on board losing their balance and toppling all over. (Name) cursed as her knees hit the decking. There was definitely going to be a bruise there tomorrow.

"What did we hit?" Caspian asked frenziedly. He pulled (Name) to her feet and grabbed Drinian, rushing to see what the front of the ship had run into.

Much to their surprise, Eustace had curled his tail around the figurehead and was pulling the Dawn Treader forward with every flap of his wings. (Name)'s heart swelled with pride.

"Eustace! That's brilliant!" Edmund praised. Everyone cheered along as the ship made massive headway on the voyage to Ramandu's Island.

~~~

Hours later, Eustace had finally brought the ship to the island. His wings beat the air as he hung his limbs tiredly. Even from the distance, everyone could hear Reepicheep's praises for accomplishing such a feat.

The longboats docked on the beach, and after giving her brother a pat on his nose and giggling as he flopped onto the sand, (Name) hiked up the island with the rest of the crew.

Night had fallen by the time they finally found a long dining table. The length of it was covered in mountains of fresh food, and the crew eagerly went to grab some before Drinian told them to halt.

Edmund walked to the head of the table, three vine-covered figures sat frozen as he shined his flashlight upon their faces. Their presence gave him a fright, causing Caspian to draw his sword and step towards them defensively.

Caspian grew closer, peering at the rings on their fingers. "Lord Revilion." He put away his sword. "Lord Mavramorn. Lord Argoz."

Pushing the hair back from Lord Argoz, Lucy looked into his eyes, suddenly frightened by the deep inhale he took seconds later. (Name) moved near another lord. "They're all breathing? Are they under a spell?"