☬ Chapter Seventeen: Kendra's Sacrifice and a New Ally ☬

Nereyda groans in pain as she groggily get's out of the cabinet, crawling toward's Kendra's body. "Oh, Kendra. I'm so sorry! I should of helped you out. I'm such a coward." Nereyda sorrowfully says as her eyes begin to water. Nereyda cough's loudly from the black smoke filling up the entire kitchen, Nereyda looks up to see the ceiling on fire. Looking down at Kendra, she puts her hand over Kendra's heart, "I promise you Kendra, I will get revenge for you. No matter the cost." 

      Nereyda slowly gets up, while grabbing hold of her right arm, she makes her way into the living room. "Miles! Bug!" Making her way around the large hole in the floor, she makes it to the staircase to see neither Miles nor Bug. Looking down the hallway she sees the back sliding door smashed into tiny pieces of glass, "Heather!" 

        Nearly slipping on something under her feet, she looks down to see a pool of blood with a blade in the middle of it. She gulps loudly as she attempts to run up the stairs, "Heather! Miles! Ada! Somebody!" She screams out as she makes it half way up before a pillar with fire lands in front of her, blocking the way up. Covering her face she continues coughing loudly, she makes her way downstairs and into the hallway leading to the back sliding door. Walking through it she looks out into the backyard, but doesn't see anyone. 

"Jackson!! Heather!"

         Nereyda walks towards the Cherry Blossom tree's and leans against it, staring at the burning Mansion. Sliding to the ground she hugs herself and looks down at her self, tears landing on her knee's. 

"I failed all of them. If I had been stronger, maybe, just maybe we could of stood a chance." Nereyda sniffles as she wipes away some tears streaming down her face. "I'm alone." She softly says to herself. 

"You sure about that?" Someone says in front of her.

        Nereyda quickly looks up to see Jackson and Bug standing by each other, beaten and bloodied. Nereyda gasps and more tear's begin to stream down her face, she quickly gets up and rushes towards them. Giving them a hug she tightens her grip around them. They suddenly hear people screaming somewhere around the house. 

"Ada! Bug! Heather! Nereyda!! Where are you?!" Hunnigan screams as she tries to run inside the burning mansion. Sebastian grabs her and holds her back. Hunnigan immediately begins to kick and shout trying to fight him, but Sebastian holds her tight in his arms. 

"We have to go make sure they aren't in there! We can't just wait out here, please Sebastian!!" Hunnigan screams as a tear slides down the side of her cheek. 

        Bug and Jackson both begin to call out for her, "We're back here! Hunnigan!" 

     Hunnigan hears them calling out for her, Sebastian lets her go and they both dash for the backyard. Hunnigan see's Jackson and Bug smiling brightly and Heather leaning against the tree, all three of them continuing to bleed from their battle wounds. 

       Running towards each other, the four of them meet, "I'm so happy you guy's are alright." Hunnigan peeks around Jackson's shoulder to see Nereyda looking depressed and on the verge of tears. Hunnigan walks away from the guys and heads towards her. Sebastian, Jackson and Bug watch them from afar, listening to them. 

"Nereyda, where's everyone at? What happen to the Mansion?" Hunnigan anxiously ask's as she tries to get Nereyda to look her in the eyes. Nereyda sniffles as she shakes her head, "We're the only one's left. Everyone else has been captured by Umbrella. We're the only ones left." Nereyda softly says herself as she begins to slightly shake. 

"That woman attacked us and brought some of her friends with her. We couldn't take them down, they took us down one-by-one. Kendra faced them off alone and....and...sh-..." Nereyda cut's herself off as she begins to cry uncontrollably. Hunnigan frowns in confusion as she looks back at the Mansion, which is completely on fire, black smoke rising into the starry night sky. Looking back at Nereyda, she takes a step towards her and embraces her in a hug.